Featherby and Pomfret quit Linnets

PUBLISHED: 11:21 09 July 2009 | UPDATED: 16:21 10 September 2010

Paddy Davitt

King's Lynn chairman Ken Bobbins last night ruled out any more boardroom departures following the double resignation of director of football Neil Featherby and commercial director Simon Pomfret.

King's Lynn chairman Ken Bobbins last night ruled out any more boardroom departures following the double resignation of director of football Neil Featherby and commercial director Simon Pomfret.

Bobbins confirmed the remaining four-member board will remain at the helm of the Unibond Premier outfit.

"It's nothing sinister; there's no financial issues behind either Simon or Neil leaving the club," said Bobbins. "Unfortunately with Neil it is simply a case of pressures of work. He has recently moved premises and he doesn't feel he can devote the necessary time to the club anymore.

"Knowing him as I do, he will still continue to help in any shape or form that he can. He has been a tremendous servant to King's Lynn and I expect that to continue, but anyone who knows Neil knows he has to give something 100pc. That is not possible right now.

"With Simon's involvement it just didn't work out. I think he realised exactly what the demands of the job were all about on the commercial side when he joined us and much like Neil, he has his own business to run. The board thank him for all his efforts over these past few months."

Bobbins admitted attracting new directors is vital to help the club move forward.

"We're now actively looking for directors," he said. "We've had two meetings in the last two weeks and we strongly feel that is the only way forward.

"Obviously it's no secret we tried to attract fresh people previously and during that period we had one or two interested parties.

"But as a lot of clubs have found out there is a huge difference between interested parties and people willing to put money into the club."

Bobbins' insists the Linnets' needs stability after a summer of upheaval following the club's ground grading demotion.

"It has been a very difficult period for us all with everything that has happened," he said. "If people out there feel they can come in and do a better job and take the club forward, I don't think any of the current directors would ever stand in their way.

"The existing directors remain committed but we have always said if people want to come in with their own ideas then we are prepared to listen and do what is right for the club.

"People have to remember we don't get paid. We don't take money out of the club - quite the opposite - and we all have our own interests and agendas outside of the football club. Becoming involved is not a part-time role, I can assure you of that."

A fans' forum has been arranged in the Blue and Gold function room at The Walks on Wednesday, July 15 (6.30pm), which will be attended by directors and - subject to final confirmation - first team management duo Carl Heggs and Andy Johnson.

Most Read

Norwich City Video

Norwich City Audio

Norwich City Stats

The Pink Un magazine

cover
A must-read for any Norwich City fan with in-depth, straight-talking, analysis from the best writers around.
Purchase

Most Read

Latest from the Pink Un - Norwich City Football Club News