The 2011/12 season kicked off with a mouth-watering clash in the Premier Division with a good-sized crowd at Eaton Park to see reigning champions Marlborough defeat old holders Dog House 3-1.

McGee put the home side in front with a header before Jason Armes provided a good finish after good work by Sean Brown to make it 2-0. Dog House pulled a goal back but a great strike from Brown made it 3-1 before half-time and that’s how it stayed.

Another good game at the same venue saw a Luke Tuttle inspired AFC Wanderers welcome Reepham Town to the Premier Division with a 5-1 defeat. Tuttle helped himself to four goals whilst Tim Henry added the fifth.

Unicorns also suffered the same fate as Reepham as they went down at home to The Grove, whose five goals were all scored by Gary Bee. Wymondham Rangers got off to a good start, winning 5-2 at Aylsham Sunday, whilst Acle Rangers won 2-0 at Poringland Wanderers.

Hellesdon Athletic were the only team out of the new boys to record a victory, beating Norwich Busmen 3-1.

In Division 1A The Castlegate got off to a winning start, beating Eaton FC 4-3 as did Dussindale Rovers who beat Norman Wanderers 3-1. Vale Longo had a good 3-0 win (Steve Churchill 2, Pete Crowley) at The Otter whilst Windmill Wanderers won 4-1 at Aslacton. Horsford SC came back from North Walsham with a 2-1 victory under their belts.

In Division 1B, newly-promoted Rose Tavern and Bayer faced each other in a game that saw the visitors come from 2-0 down to win 8-3, thanks to goals by Dave Matthews (4), Lee Robins, Danny Nelson, Joe Woodcock and Ben Williamson.

Norfolk CCSC had a 4-1 victory (Ben Morgan 2, Tom Norman and Alex Williamson) at Spixworth and Catton scored four times in the final five minutes to beat Prince of Denmark for whom Darren Guymer had scored first.

Sprowston Wanderers made a good start defeating Haig FC 2-1 whilst Simon Hailey scored for the home side as Earlham United and Sprowston Rovers shared the points in a 1-1 draw.

In Division 2A, Acle Wanderers made a flying start scoring nine (Jason Barber 4, Ryan Flint, Gavin Andrew, Tom Cheongvee and og) against Stoke FC, whilst The Stores put seven past Green Man. Hockering also started with a win beating Deopham 4-1, goals coming from Mori Elliot (2), Ricky Loxley and Ben Wade.

PL Rangers made their intentions for the season clear by thumping newly-promoted Hingham Sunday 9-1, whilst Heartsease FC showed that they intend to keep their unbeaten run of league games for as long as possible after they beat Hethersett Ath 4-3, thanks to goals by Tom Whitmore (2), Alex Ashmore and Jamie Daynes. Moles Rest won 2-1 at Ribs Rovers whilst Maid Marian won 3-1 (Clive Riches 2, Danny McIlwraith).

Mad Moose proved the biggest winners in Division 3A as they scored six at Constable Crusaders, Riverside Rovers beat River Garden 6-1 and New Buckenham had a 4-1 home win over The Reindeer.

Hellesdon Athletic Reserves made it a good day for the club as they won 3-1 at Dancing Farmers, and a single late goal from Dan Whitworth was enough for Newsman Celtic to take all three points against Caseys Cosmos.

Neil Woolner (3), Oliver Harper (2), Callum Crane and a piledriver from Chris Newton were the marksmen as Salhouse Rovers beat DEF FC 7-2. There was a good 5-1 victory for Aylsham Reserves over Unicorn Reserves whilst Freethorpe won 2-1 at Taverham United.

The Gordon had a 3-1 win (Chris Barnes 2, George Mace) at AFC Oak whilst an own goal and a last minute bicycle kick from Shaun Lawrence gave Sloughbottom Revolution a 2-1 victory over One Love United in a bad tempered affair. Bell Inn and Briston Wanderers shared six goals to take a point apiece, Tom Brown, Reece Ashman and Ian Babb scoring for the home side.

On the whole the new clubs in Divisions 4A and 4B did pretty well. Bungay Town made it a winning debut by beating Hockering Reserves 4-1, whilst Brooke smashed eight without reply against William Rovers.

Manor Park drew 2-2 with ten man Earlham Colney whilst Phoenix Felthorpe were 5-0 winners at Eaton Young Boys. Whiterose United earned the praise of their opponents Sporting Longdale Reserves as they won their first ever league game 2-0 (Thomas Hutt, Lee Buxton) whilst an amazing game at Eaton Park saw hosts Temple Bar come from three down to beat Temples Property 7-5.

Schoolhouse FC showed their potential in 4B starting the season with a 10-2 victory (Richard Brett 4, Josh Cullington 2, Jack Smith 2, Brendan Burke and William Vincent) at fellow newcomers Dilham Cross Keys. Another battle of the new boys saw Salhouse Rovers Reserves win 4-1 at Costessey Sports Reserves and Windmill Wanderers had a 6-2 debut victory over Dereham Wanderers.

Sam Lincoln, Steve Tubb and Alex Jarvis all scored as Drayton won 3-2 at Chapelfield Rovers, whilst Windmill Elite made a promising start, beating Spixworth Reserves 4-0. The Hethersett Reserves versus Wendene game was abandoned due to an injury to a Wendene player.