Diss U18 hosted their Thetford counterparts played out a close game, which ended in a 1-1 draw.

Both teams have now drawn four of their first 12 league matches this season. Plenty of chances were created at both ends with both defences playing well.

Diss took the lead when George Cole started a move with a fine run and found Alex Burlton. He moved forward and the ball found its way into the danger area fro Ross Shaen-Carter to shoot low into the corner of the net from eight yards out for his eighth goal of the season in his 13th match. Another run from Burlton created a chance soon after but Eliot Jackson shot across the face of the goal. Thetford equalised when a fine shot from the edge of the penalty area by Nathan Rose ended up in the net off the inside of a post, despite Lewis Riches getting his fingers to the ball. Soon after, Luke Mannion made a good save when he tipped a Shaen-Carter shot over the bar.

Both teams looked dangerous at corner kicks in the second half. Riches tipped a header at a corner onto his bar and at the other end eight minutes later Jamie Sheehan headed against the bar to an Ed Lake corner. In the next minute Mannion used his legs to block a shot from Lake after a run down the left by Shaen-Carter with the follow-up shot from Burlton being held by the visiting goalkeeper. In the closing stages a fine run from Michael Jordan produced a fine diving save by Riches. Manager Simon Jackson’s man of the match was Connor Hain, another superb defensive display.

Diss U18 host Bungay U18s tonight (Thursday, ko 7.45pm) and visit Leiston U18 next Thursday.

Diss Town U11 started brightly against Cringleford. Jamie Channell’s shot was well saved after a flowing move and Will Smith went close. Josh Musk (MoM) made a great save but Cringleford opened the scoring shortly afterwards. Diss responded well, with some lovely passing. Isaac Holliday shot over after a great move but Diss were hit twice on the break before half-time. The boys upped the tempo in the second half but were caught out twice more as they pressed forward. However, Diss continued to create chances and deservedly pulled a goal back through a great strike from Lawrence Brown. Final score: 5-1.

Eye Saints U14 visited Shotley Rangers and came back 5-2 winners. Saints made a solid start with Liam Potter going close with a header. After 20 minutes Saints took the lead through Cameron McKie following a flowing move and excellent strike. Early in the second half Saints scored again through Joe Hooton and went 3-0 up when Levi Harris volleyed in from a Tom Hargrave cross. Shotley pulled two goals back and would have equalised but for an excellent goal-line clearance from McKie. Two goals on the break in the last five minutes from Hargrave and Hooton saw the Saints victorious.MoM: Cameron McKie.

Harleston U10 got back to winning ways with an emphatic 4-0 victory over a useful Waveney C side. Harleston’s fluent passing was a threat from start to finish. They soon took the lead with a good team goal ending with Kieran Harvey’s cross to find Henry Warner who finished well, to make it 1-0 at the break. The second half saw Harleston push forward and they were rewarded when Lewis Haydon’s cross was tapped home by Lingo. Warner (MoM) then added to his tally with a great strike after good work from Finlay Boreham to make it 3-0, before Boreham himself scored with a good finish after a neat interchange with Warner to make it four. A great team performance by all, in what possibly was Harleston’s best home performance of the season.

Harleston U14 were at top-of-the-table Bohemians this week and with many key players missing this was always going to be a tough game. The visitors were obviously up for this game and although the hosts took the lead midway through the first half it wasn’t long before Antony Burlton levelled the scores from a Josh Withington free-kick. Defender Lyle Flatt was at his best, and at times made Bohemians’ pacey striker look ordinary to keep the scores level at the break. With no subs on the bench for Harleston and tiredness kicking in, the second half developed into more of a scrappy affair with the hosts taking their chances and the visitors squandering theirs. A very good effort by Harleston against a team that have only lost once all season. Final score Bohemians 4, Harleston 1. MoM: Lyle Flatt.

DISS U10 entertained Taverham and came out on top to record five straight wins. The first half was an even affair with only Mitchell Noller really testing the Taverham keeper with a sweetly-struck volley. Diss scored soon after the re-start with a well-taken finish from Aaron Noller. Diss could have increased their lead further with first Dane Potter and then Cameron Rossell being denied. It was Diss who scored again, this time through Mitchell Noller who produced a brilliant finish to make the final score Diss 2, Taverham 0. MoM: Kieran Allen, a fantastic all-round display.

Scole U11 struggled to find any rhythm in the first period and fell behind to a well-worked goal from a strong Catton team. Scole went two down shortly after from a low, drilled shot. Scole improved in the second half and started to pass and move, more effectively. A goal wouldn’t come though and they were unlucky to concede a third with the final kick of the match. MoM: Callum Woods.

SCOLE U12 were on form again in the match against Mattishall on a particularly muddy pitch. Scole started well, putting pressure on Mattishall straight away with some good work from Sam Joy crossing the ball for Ben Shepherd to shoot just wide. This was the start of Scole putting together some persistent pressure to enable Ben Shepherd to score a hat-trick in the first half. In the second half Scole continued to dominate the game with a solid defensive performance preventing Mattishall an opening. Scole players pushed on and were rewarded with two more goals – from Ben Evans and an own goal from Mattishall. Final score: Mattishall 0, Scole 5. MoM: Peter Govier-Schaay.

SCOLE GIRLS U13 gained their fourth win in a row when they visited Kirkley & Pakefield. Scole dominated from start to finish, with Ellie Drake scoring after 15 seconds. Rebecca Archibald scored four, Georgia King one and Jemima Harvey scored her first goal for the girls. Amber Elliott played the second half in goal after swapping with Shannon Lummis.

The goal of the game was scored when Ellie (PoM) completed a passing move from one end of the pitch to the other by volleying the ball in off the bar for an 8-0 win.

HEMPNALL U13 progressed to the semi-final of the Suffolk Cup by beating Needham Market 15-1. Ben Allen soon opened the scoring when he lobbed the keeper and increased the lead soon after. Needham scored an excellent goal from 25 yards before Dan Babington got past two defenders for Connor Garrod to score. Tom Hayes made a fine run down the left for Ethan Humphrey to score. Rhys Vertigans headed past a post from a corner. Ben rounded the keeper but hit a post before Callum ran through to hit a superb 30-yard lob over the keeper. Connor hit a ball over the defence for Callum to score and then Callum repaid the compliment for Connor to hit number seven. Dan Babington scored two quick goals, the second from Ethan’s quick throw. Rhys scrambled a goal from Dan’s corner and then Will Harrowing scored from another corner. Callum passed to Connor to score his first hat-trick for the club. Ben completed his hat-trick by rounding the keeper and then Dan completed his triple, firing past the advancing keeper. Rhys completed the scoring with a thumping header from another of Dan’s corners. Final score: Hempnall U13 15, Needham 1.