BLUNDESTON MAGPIES U13: A five-minute second-half spell of scintillating total football saw Magpies score three goals and tie up their U13 Shield semi-final.

From that point the Magpies cruised to victory, playing nearly all their football in the Hemsby half and creating enough chances to hit the crossbar, have two ‘goals’ disallowed and score again. What a contrast from the first half where Hemsby’s superior desire and strong running made them the far better side. Dan and Fletch put in strong performances across the whole game, as did Dom filling in at left-back, and Joe was ever busy up front. It was, however, Patch and Chopper’s second-half performance that transformed the side with intelligent passing and determined running off the ball. The aim is to find the formula that allows them to extend five minutes of magical football across the full 70. MoM: Dan. Goals: Joe (2), Stints, Patch, Chopper.

BOHEMIANS U9 welcomed St Benets Wasps to New Road. The Bohs were expecting a tough game against a side that has gained some good results of late. The Bohs, however, played an outstanding match with confidence high. Brinley and Jamie again shared the time in goal but had a quiet game with Jack G and Leroy keeping the opposition quiet. Harrison scored the first and only goal of the first half. Connor was taken down for a penalty which he then took and finished well. Good running from Jack D and Declan played Connor in for two more to get his hat-trick. Billy was given man of the match for his hard work and good running. An excellent performance from the Bohs.

SHRUBLANDS U14 played Old Catton in semi-finals of the Minor Cup away. This was a big test for both sides and it didn’t let anyone down. Shrublands were fast out of the blocks with some strong, hard tackles. Shrublands came out comfortable winners 4-0 to set up what will be very good final on April 8 at Wroxham Football Club, kick off 7pm.

FC BRADWELL U8 visited a well organised Kirkly & Pakefield A. FC were captained by Harvey who showed his tackling skills in defence, with Sam, Tristan and Toby in midfield and Alex in goal. FC were quickly on the back foot following a great start by Kirkly but soon found their feet and made the Kirkly keeper work hard for most of the first period. Harvey made way for Kyle and Sam and Toby for subs Harry and Josh. The second half was a midfield deadlock for most of the time with man of the match Tristan covering every blade of grass and putting in some well-timed tackles. Harry had some great runs down the wing, Harvey and Kyle were solid at the back, Sam delivered impressive corners, Toby and Josh linked well together and Alex pulled off some good saves. The second half was played with great sportsmanship, compliments to the hosts. Thanks to Norse and Church Farm Country Inn, Burgh Castle.

GORLESTON RANGERS U8B hosted a fast and sporting Bungay side. Rangers made an early break but then the rest of the first half saw the Rangers’ defence taking on a lot of pressure from Bungay, who were making many breakthroughs. The second half saw improved play and teamwork. Rangers managed to keep up a fast pace at all times. Marking up improved this week with the boys consciously looking around more when corners and throw-ins were being taken. MoM: Regan.

GORLESTON RANGERS U9C were away to Rangers 9A in the semi-finals of the Shield last Sunday at Lynn Grove. Rangers 9C had a full team. Fenn was rarely troubled in goal but was his usual dependable self. Harry and Keir along with Callum took it in turns in defence but all three were excellent in clearing their lines and making excellent tackles. All the players showed how this C team have worked hard, especially in defending. Rangers 9C had Tommy, Sam, Regan and Charlie rotated and they were in control in midfield with Ethan and Samuel taking it in turns up front. A great pass from Ethan set up Sam to score. Rangers C went up a gear in the second half. Harry, Keir, Callum, Regan and Charlie defended superbly then Keir found Sam with a great pass. He drew three players and made a excellent pass to Ethan who smashed into the roof of the net. Ethan broke again minutes later but the A team keeper made an excellent save at Ethan’s feet. Tommy, Charlie and Regan worked hard in midfield along with little Samuel chasing everything. Fenn was called upon making one of his trademark saves towards the end of the game. A big thanks to both sets of supporters and Andy and the A team. MoM: Sam, most improved went to Ethan. Thanks to the sponsors Smart Kids, the White Hart, Hopton.

SWINDELL U13A: Swindell got the first chance to score but it was cleared by the Burnt Hill defence with especially good work from the goalkeeper. Swindell would not be denied and scored. They played good football with some great passing moves and soon started to score for 4-0 at half-time. The second half was much the same with Swindell keeping the pressure up, but Kenny was fouled and had to be carried off the pitch, returning good first aid. Thanks go to the Burnt Hill parents for their concern. Swindell played good football in attack and defence with their keeper very rarely touching the ball. Thanks to the Burnt Hill linesman for being very fair in all his decisions. Swindell ran out 8-0 winners. MoM: Bradley. Goals scored by Tyler, Nathan T (2), Brandon S, Claudio, Bradley (2) and Brandon C. Only one more victory to win the league.

SHRUBLANDS U14 travelled to face arguably the strongest team, Old Catton, in the semi-finals of the County Cup. Shrubs knew they needed one of their best performances of the season. The game started well for Shrubs who put Old Catton under pressure. This was rewarded with a goal from a trademark 20-yard free-kick from Connor. Shrubs kept the pressure on for the rest of the half, limiting Old Catton to one or two long-range attempts on goal. In the second half Shrubs carried on putting Old Catton under pressure and when they pushed forward, Shrubs were soon back to defend as a team, giving them no real chances. The Shrubs’ hard work was rewarded when Brad finished well from just inside the box for 2-0, then it was Joe with a lob 3-0. To finish the game off, Olly made it four.

COBHOLM U10A travelled to second-place Caister, with Caister winning 10-3. Cobholm started off slowly with Caister attacking from the start. Will M pulled off good saves but it wasn’t long before Caister got a goal, then shortly after their second. Cobholm rarely got out of their half in the first 10 minutes and a mix-up from a goalkick saw Caister go 3-0 up. Cobholm brought on Jacob and Ronnie who both helped Cobholm push forward more. Caister hit Cobholm on the counter and made it 4-0. Cobholm pulled one back just before half-time through Boulton. In the second half Cobholm made it 4-2 through good work from Will F. Caister caught Cobholm napping with Jordan and Mazie having to work hard trying to protect Will McGregor in goal, having four players to mark between them. With the score at 9-2 Keanan and Alan came on and it wasn’t long before Ronnie scored from near the halfway line to make it 9-3. But from the kick-off Caister through to score their 10th. Cobholms midfield need to help in tracking back to help out their defence and goalkeeper. Jordan had an excellent game in defence but just lost out on man of the match to Ronnie who had a good game when he came on, also getting his first goal of the season. Training 10am on Saturday with an away game against Breydon on Sunday.

COBHOLM U7 played away once again to Kirkley & Pakefield B. Cobholm soon got in their stride and played some nice football. It was nice to see Louie back in goal pulling off some good saves and taking some great goal kicks. This week’s captain Josh stood firm, making it hard for Kirkley to get a sight at goal. With Bailey playing back outfield, he and Buddy linked up well with Buddy putting some lovely balls through to Bailey, who had a number of chances. Then his time came and Bailey found back of the net. Buddy worked hard once again up and down feeding good balls through to Thom and Bailey, and his work paid off with two well-taken goals. Thom had a cracking game and his non-stop attacking put him on Cobholm’s scoresheet two more times. With Danielle back from illness she worked hard, made some important tackles and pushed up on a run and hit a lovely goal. Cobholm stood their ground and all players battled hard to the final whistle. Player of the match went to Louie, Danielle and Bailey.

CAISTER U10B gained promotion to Division One with a breathtaking performance of attacking football against a Cobholm team that worked hard and never gave up. Caister took the lead when Logan fired home from inside the box after Jay won the ball. Richie doubled their lead as Caister’s passing ran rings around their opponents. A powerful run and shot saw Alex score the first of two before half-time. Cobholm scored a goal late in the half and another early in the second period. Caister with their non-stop attacking play scored further goals through Alex (four) including a stunning shot from an acute angle and Richie. With a free-kick he got the ninth. Cobholm got a late goal before Logan got Caister’s final goal, set up by Harry’s pass. Final score: Caister U10B 10, Cobholm 3. MoM: Will. Next match against Gorleston Rangers B away, 12pm kick off. Team from: Thomas, Daniel, Harry, Alfie, Will, Harley, Jay, Logan, Richie, Reece, Alex.

BOHEMIANS GIRLS U15 are looking for a few more experienced players for next season to play in the U16s Norfolk Women’s and Girls’ League which provides the opportunity to play matches on a weekly basis with games played on a Saturday morning. If you are currently in either Year 9 or 10 and not currently playing for a team in the NWGFL then please contact David on 01493 669153 or 07545 984411 for more details. Training will start in May and all training will be undertaken by suitably qualified coaches.

BLUNDESTON MAGPIES U12: The Magpies got back to winning ways with probably the best all-round team performance of the season. The Magpies dominated the early stages with James, Sam and Alex all having shots saved, and the Magpies produced several very good corner kicks that went unrewarded. Declan opened the scoring after he intercepted a goalkick and broke into the box to score with the ball deflecting over the keeper. There followed a period with the Wasps having more of the play and the Magpies were pleased when Connell broke down the right and scored with a long-range shot that went in off a post. The second half started with Sam going close to scoring, the ball almost crossing the line as it ricocheted through the defence. The lead was increased soon after when Jamie’s long-range effort was deflected into his own goal by a defender. The fourth came soon after when Sam, too, fired in from long range, high and at speed over the keeper. Sam and James had further chances before James scored the final goal from the penalty spot following a handball. Bexley did well to keep out an in-swinging corner and the Wasps had a couple more good efforts. MoM: The whole team.

HEMSBY HORNETS U8A played Gorleston Rangers D at Hemsby. This was not a game to remember but one they can hopefully learn from. Too many of the boys played as individuals and not as a team. They have to realise fancy flicks and not passing is going to hold them back. Nothing should be taken from the performance of Gorleston who fully deserved the result. Next match away to Waveney A. Team: Aaron, Luke, Jamie, Matthew, Ellis, Lewis, Kameron, Alfie.

FC BRADWELL U11 played at home against Gorleston Rangers last Sunday. FC were on top for the first part of the half. Connor, Ben, Matthew and Alex had Rangers on their back foot but couldn’t penetrate their defence. Rangers came more into the match but Aaron, Luis and Henry were a match for their forward line. However, a loose pass from FC fell nicely for the Rangers player who score beyond the diving Shaun. Sam and Lewis created the odd half-chance but both teams weren’t giving an inch. FC were awarded a penalty and a fine strike from Aaron was well saved by the Rangers’ keeper to keep the score 1-0 at half-time. The second half was like the first with neither side giving an inch. But a ball over the top caught FC out and Rangers scored their second. With the game seemingly out of FC’s reach a long kick from Shaun caught the Rangers’ defence square and Sam lobbed the advancing keeper. With FC pushing for the equaliser a push in the box resulted in another penalty and this time Ben scored for a 2-2 draw. Well done to all the boys from supporters, officials and sponsors Prajco Premier Convenience Stores and Church Farm Country Inn. MoM: Henry Nettleton.

GORLESTON RANGERS U7B: Training for this newly-formed team will be on a Friday for the next five weeks in Wroughton Junior School hall, via Burgh Road entrance, 6-7pm. They are currently recruiting new players for this team. Interested players should be in school Year 2. For more information either call Jon or Anjali on 01493 650926 or just turn up at training.

GORLESTON RANGERS U5 and U6: Training continues on a Wednesdays 5.30-6.30pm and 6.30-7.30pm in Wroughton Junior School hall, via Burgh Road entrance. The club is currently the largest youth club in Norfolk and an FA Chartered Standard Development Club. Training is directed by an FA level 2 coach. Due to recently forming a new group they are currently recruiting new members for the Wednesday evening groups. Anyone interested should be in reception or school Year 1. For more details contact Chris on 01493 601256 or email

HEMSBY HORNETS U7A played host to a very sporting Waveney C. From the start Waveney attacked and the Hornets defence had to be on their toes. The Hornets then produced their best display of the season. With Eden excellent in goal, this allowed defenders Harvey and William, midfielders Haydn, Caitlin and Ryan and striker Tyler to create many scoring opportunities with some great passing play. With Haydn scoring with some cool finishes and William also finding the net, this was a superb team performance. Player of the match could have gone to anyone in the team but was awarded to Haydn for his great goals and, most importantly, his all-round contribution to the team. Next match Sunday away against Cobholm Boys, kick off 1pm, players to be there for 12.30pm.

ORMESBY LADS U11 travelled to Loddon for their first game in a month and started brightly with Leon and Antonio looking assured in midfield. The back line of Sam, Brandon and Ben looked comfortable and Victoria continued her recent good form with some intelligent forward passes. Loddon won and converted a penalty and Ormesby replied through Jamie’s neat finish. Then Carter broke away and looked certain to score, but the keeper made a brilliant save. Loddon then scored two more. Ben pulled a goal back and Andrew made a fantastic diving save to claw the ball away. In the second half Ben scored two more excellent goals and Alex made some solid tackles in midfield. Jordan dropped into defence late on as the team tired and Loddon held on to win. Man of the match was Ben for an impressive hat-track. Final game next week against Hemsby, kick off 11am at Station Road.

GORLESTON RANGERS 13B hosted Marsh Harriers in their penultimate game of the season knowing they still needed a result to secure second place in the league. Rangers went for it from the first whistle and were soon awarded a penalty which Lee slotted home. He soon scored his second. Lewi chipped in with two quick goals with Matt and Christian joining in the scoring. Adam entered the fray and soon completed a first-half hat-trick. Rangers went into half-time 9-0 up. The second half saw Rangers lose their shape and discipline as everyone thought they could score, and this left holes through the middle of the pitch. The half saw another five goals with Lee completing a hat-trick and Lewi and Adam taking their tallies to four each, with Matt also adding another. Different formations were tried, which worked well. Other results went for Rangers and they have secured second place in the league, so promotion beckons. MoM: The team. Last match this week, home to St Benets, meet at Lynn Grove at 10am.

GORLESTON RANGERS U8C travelled to Waveney F. The game got off to a flying start, Waveney showing they were no pushovers. Joshua made some great saves, whilst running the wings showing their strength as a double act were Jayden and Cam B. Tayler and Cam A kept strong in defence helped by Jordan. Ben weaving between players kept great ball possession. Tayler in goal in the second half was diving around saving anything that came near. Joshua assisted in defence showing he can play in any position. Harry, a great defender, proved his strength, blocking the Waveney players. MoM: The whole team. Captain for the day was Jordan. Thanks to the Bell Inn, St Olaves, sponsor of the away kit.