Brandon Lads U9 welcomed Harling Colts on a blustery Sunday.

Brandon looked sharp from the start and Hayden Edgecombe just missed after 60 seconds. Teddy Webber added to his total for the season with a very well-taken goal from a Lewis O’Malley pass from the back. Lewis was also taking the corners and floated one to Tommy Younge who slotted the ball past the excellent Harling keeper for 2-0. In the second quarter Brandon dominated the play but the Harling keeper was outstanding. Daniel Bean and Hayden Edgecombe were exchanging some intricate passes and Daniel rattled the bar from 20 yards only to see the ball bounce clear. Lucas Kent was comfortable in goal once again and Jack Slater looked unbeatable in defence. In the third quarter Jack Slater pushed forward a couple of times and was unlucky not to score. Daniel Bean was rewarded with an excellent slotted goal and really worked hard all the game for his team-mates. In the last quarter Lewis O’Malley was exceptional and put in a man-of-the-match performance that was rounded off with a superb strike into the roof of the net after beating several defenders. Harling never gave up and scored a really well-taken goal on the break (Zak, MoM) to make the final score Brandon Lads 4, Harling Colts 1. Well done again.

Brandon Lasses U10 produced a fabulous display of football to beat top-of-the-league Sprowston. Alexis scored the only goal. Louise K, Louise B, Millie, and Tori were on fine form at the back. Jess tackled superbly in midfield, and strikers Melissa, Shannon and Amaris made some great runs. PoM: Fraya Williams was on fire and well-deserved this honour. Brilliant.

Brandon Lasses U11 beat Chantry Grasshoppers 6-0 to go through to the cup final. A strong display from Lasses and two goals from Richardson saw Brandon 2-0 up at half-time. An even better second half with outstanding defending and an excellent save from Neal kept the Lasses on top. In-control Brandon went on to score four more in the second half, three more from Richardson and one from Nolan to confirm a well-deserved cup final place in their first season. PoM: Ciera Neal.

Harling U13 conceded two goals in each half to lose at Taverham. A poor first-half display saw the only highlights being Isaac Watkinson hitting the bar and keeper Jamie Woodcock make a wonderful stop from a rocket shot. Harling improved in the second half – with the Taverham keeper saving shots from Rob Turner, Rorie Knights, Sam Smith and Watkinson – but couldn’t find the back of the net.

Lakenheath Youth U13 playing Swanton Morley Reds in strong winds. They started well with Jamie Allsop scoring after the keeper dropped the ball in the box. It looked like Lakenheath were going to find the net again, but the Swanton goalkeeper kept them at bay. Swanton were rewarded with a goal after the Lakenheath defence switched off for a split second. The remaining half was end to end. In the second half Jack Self cleared a ball off the line and the defence of Max Granger, Connor Knight and Piotr Babicz had to work hard to stop Morley scoring the second. Lakenheath had several chances with both Jamie Allsop and Miles Stiddard going close. Finally, Kieron Danbrowsky scored from a break to give Lakenheath the lead. He also added with the third from a fine pass from the midfield. Ben Nolan then struck home the fourth and Kieron completed his hat-trick with a cracking shot from the edge of the box. MoM: Ben Nolan; manager’s MoM: Jack Self.

Mundford U12 hosted Watton in very windy conditions and playing into the strong wind in the first half Mundford played some lovely football in parts and continually cut through the Watton defence, but chance after chance went begging to leave the scores level at half-time. Just after the break though Michael Corbyn thundered home Ryan Harvey’s pass. This led to more chances being created but this time they were taken. Jack Pinner’s clinical finishing saw him grab a hat-trick whilst Corbyn added his second. George Hammond followed in well after a save to finish from close range and John Pearce smashed one in from 20 yards. Ben Wells made a couple of smart saves when Watton did find a way past the impressive Joe Clarke. Final score: Mundford 7, Watton 0. MoM: Joe Clarke.

MUNDFORD U10 got off to a good start against Lakenheath, passing well. After a few missed opportunities, Mundford’s first goal came from a corner from Jude Blakemore, which was hit on the volley by Harry Cater. Angus Marsh was playing well in Mundford’s goal. By the second quarter Lakenheath were shaping up, only to be taken by surprise from a corner which hit a post and Jude finished it off. Harvey Shorten and Sam Rolph got two further goals, making it 4-0 at half-time. The boys continued to pass well and defending from James Gornall and Billy Morris ensured that Lakenheath were kept at bay. Two further goals for Mundford from Fernando Alves and Jude secured a 6-0 win. MoM: Luke Corbyn.

Thetford Bulldogs U11 were away to strugglers New Buckenham and won 8-1. In difficult playing conditions and a small pitch, Bulldogs struggled with their passing game and Buckenham took a surprise lead. Alex Snow equalised before two fine strikes from Ben put Bulldogs 3-1 up at half-time. The second period was slightly better and Ben got his third and Marcus eventually found the net. Bradley then decided he wanted some of the action and notched a hat-trick in as many minutes to seal yet another away victory. MoM: Bradley. Bulldogs visited second placed Cringleford and came away with a well-deserved 2-1 victory. Bulldogs had to be at their best and they didn’t disappoint with two first half goals from Ben, one a penalty, to lead at the break. The second half was a great battling performance and even though Cringleford pulled a goal back, Bulldogs held on to take the three points. MoM: Jacob.

Thetford Bulldogs U14 hosted Top’s United, and what a game, very windy but all the boys on that pitch gave it their all. Both sides had many chances throughout the game and both goalkeepers were tested. This was an outstanding performance by Bulldogs – let’s see this more often. A near goal came from Harry Robinson, and then Carlos Mota got a couple of chances but was unlucky. Bulldogs’ defence and midfield all worked well together and Brad-Lee Allan, Uri Nunes and Jack Thorpe worked their defence, and unlucky Uri got a fabulous goal but it was disallowed. The second half was much the same as the first half and a well-deserved first point. Final score: 0-0. MoM: Krisstapps Vanags and the whole team did well.

Thetford Indies played Stow B and in the game of the season they totally dominated. A corner from the left was headed in from Byford for 1-0. Good work from Bradley and Lockwood let in Baulch for a dribble and shot, 2-0. Half-time saw a change in the line-up with Sayers in outstanding form at the back, a Barnet pass fell to Byford for a quality finish to make it 3-0. Indies were in total control with Carroll, Goldson and Owen working hard and another Barnet pass found Baulch for 4-0. More shots from Goldson, Lockwood and Baulch saw Indies finish the game in total command.

Thetford Indies U10 made hard work of a game which, on paper, would have looked one of the easier fixtures of the season against bottom side Mulbarton. In fact, the solitary goal scored in the first quarter by Kit Heathershaw with his first goal of the season, was the only significant action and gave Indies a hard-fought 1-0 victory. The conditions were poor with both sets of players competing against strong winds and a bobbly pitch, but the struggling Mulbarton side were up for the game and pushed Indies all the way. Kehan Whitby picked the ball up on the half-way line and drove towards the penalty area before his shot rebounded off Heathershaw and into the back of the net. Mulbarton had a header hit a post. MoM: Brandon Dawson for hard work in defence and midfield.

Watton U11 cruised into the cup semi-finals, after a comprehensive home victory against a spirited Spixworth. Despite extreme winds, Watton played some excellent football at times, and quickly raced into an early 2-0 lead. Spixworth hit back with a swift counter-attack to half the deficit, but four more goals before half-time saw Watton completely take control. The second half saw Watton continue to create chances, and again dominate possession, and this was rewarded with another four goals as the game finished Watton 10, Spixworth 1. The goals were scored by Joshua Walker (4), Cameron Hudson (2), Matty Hendrie (2), James Beaumont and Ollie Kerrison, but this was another fine team display, with everyone playing their part.