BRANDON LASSES U12 got off to a very slow start away to Felixstowe Hawks but gradually picked up their game and took the lead after Lucy Page cut the ball inside to Ellesse Masters who finished from long range.

BRANDON LASSES U12 got off to a very slow start away to Felixstowe Hawks but gradually picked up their game and took the lead after Lucy Page cut the ball inside to Ellesse Masters who finished from long range. Chloe Killingworth put in a solid performance as stand-in goalkeeper but with Lucy Page and Gianna Bly defending superbly the home side were limited to only a few attempts on goal. Ellesse set up Georgia O'Malley who turned and finished well in the box and then Ellesse completed the scoring after Amy Skipp had switched play, giving her room to drive in from the left and finish. Both Amy and Brianna Jamgochian worked well out wide for the Lasses and once Brandon found their passing game they moved the ball around well linking up with Georgia in midfield and the Lasses' front line.

BRANDON LASSES U11 travelled to Gorleston this week expecting a tough match against a side that had not lost all season. Brandon started well with pressure on the Gorleston box and was unlucky not to be awarded a penalty in the first couple of minutes with shouts of hand-ball. The strong Gorleston team soaked up the early pressure from Brandon but the home side went ahead with some lovely passing on six minutes. Suzy Duggan and Ruby Robertson knew they were in for a tough game with Gorleston taking control and scoring their second on 10 minutes after a mistake at the back. The Lasses kept going and nearly pulled one back when a long throw from Leah Zawiasa bounced across the front of the goal, but they could not get the final touch to poke the ball home. Gorleston were putting pressure on Brandon making the midfield of Millie Bales, Georgia Dargan and Leah work hard to contain the home attack. The Lasses were working so hard defensively with Freya Hayward a mere spectator up front. Gorleston continued to attack the Brandon goal, making it 3-0 on 20 minutes when a mix-up in the defence saw a Brandon player put the ball in the back of the net. The Lasses started the second half positively but Gorleston soon scored their fourth and best goal of the game with some excellent passing, finishing with a superb lob from 25 yards. Although 4-0 down, the Lasses went on to produce the best defensive second- half performance of the season with Suzy and Ruby making every tackle count. Millie moved into midfield alongside Leah and Abbie Craigen to support the battle in the middle. Abbie was causing all sorts of problems for the Gorleston attack, never giving in and chasing every ball. Each Gorleston attack that found its way through was met by an excellent Katie Amacker in goal, pulling off a string of superb saves. The Lasses kept attacking at every opportunity going close on several occasions. Ruby's long-range effort saw the keeper scramble the ball to safety and Freya could not quite connect in the last minute to get the Lasses a well-deserved goal. An excellent performance from an ever-improving side, the Lasses gave 100 per cent right up to the final whistle. PoM: Ruby Robertson and Katie Amacker.

BRANDON LADS U9 visited their friends at Swanton Morley. The match was even from the start with the Dereham keeper making a couple of good saves early on. Stephen Clarke was on the right wing and managed to cross the ball nicely for Jake Vincent to tap in for the opener. Ben Long and Callam Horn were playing at the back and Alex Matthews looked dangerous on the left. In the second quarter both teams passed the ball well on a tight pitch. Dawson Davidson was unlucky not to score when the excellent Dereham keeper made another outstanding save. Up the other end the Brandon defenders were indecisive and allowed the one of the Dereham strikers to wriggle free and slot the ball past Will Bales in the Brandon goal for 1-1. Callam Horn in the Brandon defence was not happy and decided to rifle a long-range ball through a forest of players to bounce past the Dereham keeper and restore the lead at half-time. In the third quarter Brandon started to wake up and play some decent passing football, they increased the lead to 3-1 when Dawson played an excellent ball through to Jake Vincent to finish off. Jake added another with a tap-in from a Matty cross just before Dereham pulled another one back with a deflected goal off Callam Horn's boot for 4-2. Brandon added two more goals before the break, one from Jake and another tap-in from Alex Matthews. Matty made it 6-2 with 15 minutes to play. In the last 15 minutes Will Bales made an excellent save with his legs and a number of clearances that kept Brandon ahead. Three more goals were scored by Brandon before the end, two by Jake Vincent (one excellent individual run) and another from Alex Matthews to make the final score Dereham Blue 2, Brandon 9. MoM (voted by Dereham): Jake Vincent.

BRANDON LADS U9 played Harling Colts and in the first 15 minutes the play was fairly evenly matched with Brandon just edging the possession. Ben Long was unlucky when a nicely-struck free-kick just went wide. Will Bales in the Brandon goal looked alert and made an excellent acrobatic save early on to keep things at 0-0. Ben Long, desperate for a goal for the last few weeks, had a ball rolled back to him which he hammered into the back of the Harling net to settle Brandon down. Dawson Davidson was full of energy on the left and added another shortly afterwards with a super strike from a Jake Vincent through-ball. Cameron Francis consistently beat his marker but couldn't quite get the ball across for the strikers to finish off. In the second quarter Brandon increased their lead with two goals from Jake Vincent, the first slotting one in from an acute angle and the other a super individual run through the Harling defence. Will Bales made another excellent save from distance and Callam Horn was unlucky when the keeper made an good save from a 30-yard shot 4-0 at half-time. Jake scored a great goal from a super Callam through-ball and shortly after Stephen Clarke crossed the ball from the right for Jake to finish off. Alex Matthews took a quick throw-in to allow Jake to smash the ball into the net once again before Harling scored a superb free-kick that curled around the wall and into the Brandon net for 7-1. In the last quarter Dawson Davidson (captain for the day) was outstanding and scored two superb goals, one was a brilliant strike from 20 yards that parted the goalkeeper's hair. Cameron Francis also scored a well-deserved goal from a Dawson rebounded shot and Stephen Clarke added two himself, one from an excellent cross from Matty and the other a great individual run. Jake rounded things off with another tap-in from another super Ben Long corner. A super performance by everyone. Good luck to Dawson in the next few weeks in hospital - hurry up and get well, we need you back mate. MoM (voted by Harling): Callam Horn.

BRANDON LADS U13 came up against a strong Elmswell team on a very windy afternoon and soon found themselves under pressure, but as normal Brandon defence and goalkeeper stayed strong and in doing so Brandon's midfield started to take a hold on the game, and with the threat of Brandon's quick strike force they always had a chance of a goal on the break which was nearly the case when Jordan Kemp was put through but his long-range shot hit a post to end the half all square. The second half become a battle of the midfield, and a great save from Jack Field. However, it was Elmswell that got the opener when a crossed ball curled in the wind and went in at the far post. Brandon then started taking the game to Elmswell and soon got their reward when Harry Rampley delivered another great corner and Muzza Burt rose to head home and square the game, just when it looked like the game was heading for a draw Elmswell were awarded a free-kick which hit the back of a Brandon defender and deflected to a Elmswell striker to scramble home a winner. Another good performance by Brandon who deserved something from the game. MoM: Muzza Burt, brilliant in defence and midfield.

LAKENHEATH LEOPARDS U12 went into this game after a good run of wins in the league. The game started well with both teams battling hard and trying to make the most of a big pitch. This gave the boys plenty of time and allowed good movement of the ball. Lakenheath started to win more of the ball and were soon spending a lot of time in the Morley half. Lakenheath passed the ball around well but could not break down the Morley defence. Midway through the first half after another attack the ball found its way to Connor Knight and from 25 yards he struck a looping ball which went over the keeper into the net. Lakenheath continued to press with Danny Gibson going close a couple of times but Morley held firm. In the second half Lakenheath spent most of the time in the Morley half. Sam Buckley and Jamie Allsop both ran rings around their markers but couldn't find that final touch. Kieron Danbrowsky also had a few chances but the defence held firm. A 1-0 win for Lakenheath but a cracking game. MoM: Miles Stiddard, manager's MoM Shay Thomson.

MUNDFORD U9 beat visitors Watton 12-0. This was a return game which promised to be easy for Mundford. However, Watton's impressive keeper kept the goals at bay for the first quarter, only to see his team score an own goal. This heralded the start of a goal-fest for Mundford, with Harvey Shorten scoring an impressive five, Jude Blakemore four, and one apiece for Harry Cater and Fernando Alvez. MoM: James Gornall for superb defending. Another brilliant game for Mundford, who are working their way up the table.

MUNDFORD U14 played Clenchwarton at home in the league and suffered their second defeat of the season. Finding themselves two goals down within 10 minutes, Mundford started to play better football with Sam Bunten hitting the bar. Clenchwarton followed this with their third goal, and Bunten finally hit the back of the net for Mundford to make the score at half-time score 3-1. In the second half, Mundford continued to press but were denied by great keeping. Good defending from Robbie Smith, Aiden Bond and Casey Underwood failed to stop Clenchwarton from scoring two more goals. The final score of 5-1 did not reflect Mundford's commitment.

THETFORD TOWN U12 would like to say a big 'thank you' to 4sports of Dereham for supplying the team with new balls for next season.

THETFORD TOWN U12 hosted Brandon on their last home game of the season, and finished in fine style with a 5-2 win. Brandon scored early on but captain Nathan Boulton reorganised and got the boys fired up and it wasn't long before Town replied with a 25-yard scorcher from Jake Smith. Town started to dominate with some great control and ball work and Daniel, working harder than ever, creating so many chances for Max to put the second past Brandon and he soon got another. Late on, Dominik tapped in from a corner making it four. In the second half Brandon made it very difficult defending well and with some great work from their keeper kept Town at bay and were quick to counter, catching Town out with a second goal. Town never gave up and were soon rewarded with Taylor netting. Well done boys, another great result. Brandon MoM: Daniel Jursck. Thetford MoM: Jake Smith.

THETFORD INDIES U9A slumped to only their second league defeat of the season and their first at home after a hard-fought match went the way of a much-improved Mundford. A tight first quarter finally went Indies' way after a late goal by Connor Noble was the reward for some hard work and perseverance in defence by Jordan Bowie who managed to slot a perfect ball through to Noble. Jamie Humphrey's heroics in goal kept Mundford at bay. It was these early interventions that earned him MoM honours. The third quarter was the key one for Mundford as they scored two goals in quick succession to turn the game on its head. Several injuries meant that frequent changes of player were necessary and any momentum hard to build on. Defender Konnor Dixon was put up front in the final quarter of the game and this change rewarded him with a goal. With Indies throwing everything at Mundford in a desperate attempt to avoid defeat, they were then caught at the back by a quick Mundford attack that sealed their 4-2 victory.

THETFORD INDIES U9A put eight goals past Dereham Wanderers Yellow in a much better display of the passing football they have played throughout the season. Aiden Try slotted home from close range after a mass of players in the penalty area tried desperately to put the ball away. Dereham kept Indies on the back foot for much of the second quarter and threatened the goal on several occasions. But MoM Kehan Whitby eased the nerves with a superb solo effort, running the full length of the pitch to slot the ball home. Connor Noble then turned a cross into the net with back of his foot before Dereham applied pressure and scored. Some superb passing play resulted in a second Try goal before Dereham scored again. Whitby, who was superb down the wing all game, sent a fierce shot in across the goalmouth which hit both the keeper and post, only to come out to the feet of Try for his hat-trick. The final quarter saw further goals for Try and Whitby whose passing between one another was outstanding before a plucky Dereham scored a third, followed by an own goal by Dereham but they then netted a creditable fourth.

THETFORD INDIES U9B played Watton. While there were some chances for Blake and Fowles, Heathershaw's excellent save early on kept the score at 0-0. The Indies gained in confidence in the second quarter, the passing and co-operation improved. Fowles' attempt on goal was beautifully completed by Brown followed by the latter kindly setting up Fowles for a fine shot into the top corner of the net soon after. A great corner from Blake was nearly completed by Brown late in the third quarter, along with other chances. The final quarter saw some magnificent textbook play. Blake, well positioned, took the ball up for an attempt on goal with Fowles well placed to put in a second attempt and McGill in position to make the third attempt and score. Then Heathershaw's corner dropped the ball right in front of the goal and Fowles emerged from the stampede to head the ball home for a 4-0 victory.

THETFORD INDIES U10 entertained Shipdham Falcons who scored two early goals. But Indies responded with swift passing two feet to get two goals back quickly, both from MoM Ryan Fox. Indies pushed forward and got caught out twice more making it 4- 2 to Shipdham. Again Indies rallied and Ryan was clean through after a fine pass from Reece Rudd but was brought down. Ryan took the penalty but a great save denied the goal. This rallied Shipdham who scored two more for 6-2. Indies dominated much of the game with great passing from the whole team. But time ran out for Indies, another goal from Ryan made the score 6-3 and another missed penalty made a disappointing day for Indies. But a great team effort by all.

THETFORD INDIES U13 travelled to league leaders Bury Town B but came away empty handed. Indies were unlucky when Callum Crabb was put through down the right on a couple of occasions but for no-one to connect to his teasing crosses. Against the run of play, Bury took the lead. Then Charlie Reed's clever shot beat the keeper but not the crossbar. Indies, after good spells of play, couldn't convert it into a goal and Bury scored with a well-hit shot. Bury's striker completed his hat-trick. The rout was completed when Bury scored a fourth. Tom Mason did have his goalbound shot blocked by the defender but overall a lesson learned here for Thetford Indies. MoM: Alex Mac who didn't miss a header or tackle all game.

WEETING U10 found their chance of leapfrogging Cringleford into second went when they lost to them 5-1. This was their worst performance of the season when it needed to be their best. The home team was first to the ball and the usually flowing passing football by Weeting was missing. The game started with Weeting having the early chances but found themselves 3-0 down by the end of the quarter. The visitors pushed forward and were rewarded when J Peeling fired home from just inside the box, but the hosts scored again a few minutes later. They then put the game beyond the visitors with a fifth in the final quarter, after this Weeting at last began to find their passing and on three occasions the ball was scrambled away on the hosts' goal line which would have made the score a lot closer. MoM for Weeting R Hunter, PoD: R Jenkins.

WATTON U10 moved a step closer to retaining the league title, after another battling performance saw them defeat visitors Thetford Bulldogs. Although not at their excellent best, Watton's pass and move football was still outstanding at times, and they pinned Bulldogs back for long periods of the first quarter. With Matty Hendrie and Ollie Kerrison flying down the wings, and James Beaumont supporting Joshua Walker up front, a number of chances were created, but with some near misses and inspired goalkeeping, the quarter finished goalless. The second quarter saw the introduction of Ben Walker, Cameron Hudson and Sam Bray, and they quickly made their mark as Watton looked for the opener. And it was Ben who finally cut open the Bulldogs defence with a driving run down the right, and his excellent cross found James to steer the ball home. Looking to double their lead, Watton were, however, caught on the break, and a great strike left Asher Duncan in the Watton goal with no chance. Undeterred, Watton still poured forward, with Kade Bond and Liam driving the side on, and after a shot from Joshua was saved, Ben followed up to score from a tight angle. Leading 2-1 at half-time, Watton looked to extend their lead further in the third quarter, and following Joshua's corner, Cammy rose to power his header into the net. Matty, Sam, Liam and Kade then all went close, but the quarter ended with Watton holding a two-goal cushion. The final quarter saw Watton make another couple of changes, and this saw Watton lose their shape a little, but after a couple of near misses at either end, Joshua finished things off with a great turn and strike to make it Watton 4, Bulldogs 1.

WATTON U12 were at home against Heigham Park. Heigham started very brightly and had a couple of half chances. Watton changed things round a little bit and it had an immediate impact. Jamie went to centre-back with Lewis and two full-backs were James and Callum with Perry in goal. Watton were on top with Lee, Matty, Cammy and Luke in midfield. Dave and Jimmy up front were a handful for the defenders. The first goal came with Dave picking up a loose ball passing to Cam who curled it to Jimmy who scored Watton's first. Watton made a mistake at the back and Heigham scored their first. That was the only mistake they made as from then on it was all Watton. Dave dropped in centre midfield with Cammy and those two ran the game. Jack came on up front and a goal kick from Peza and a header from Jimmy and a sleeping Heigham defence were punished by Jack. Dagenham, Cammy, Matty Luke, Jack and Jimmy all had great chances to score but were foiled by a good Heigham keeper and good defending. James won a tackle and set up Matty who scored Watton's third. Lee was close with a good effort, Cammy hit a post and had a penalty saved. Watton had chance after chance but did not have their scoring boots on. Dave won the ball in midfield passed it to Cammy who knocked a 30-yard pass to Jack who slotted it past the keeper. Watton's defence marshalled by Lewis were strong and Callum and James never gave an inch and a special mention for Jamie who had his best game for two seasons and Perry in goal as a stand-in was quality. Watton continued to have chance after chance and the attitude and all-round play from Watton was superb. In the final minutes, after another save, the Heigham keeper cleared the ball up to one of his own players who was awarded a penalty. He converted although Perry got a hand on it. The game finished 4-2 to Watton although on another day it could have been double figures. Watton's manager had never been so pleased with his team for the quality of football and for coming off the pitch all smiling, knowing they had done their best.

SWAFFHAM U15 beat Terrington U15 4-1. With their backs to the wind Terrington had an advantage with long, high kicks taking the ball well into the Swaffham half which gave them an opener from a tap-in after a defensive error in the Swaffham goalmouth. The second half started with Swaffham making the advantage pay off, forcing a corner after five minutes from which Josh Colman headed in an equaliser. A long pass from midfield found Lewis Goacher unmarked, who pushed the ball through a defender's legs and over the line for 2-1. The wind helped Jack Crisp's upfield kick into the goal, with the keeper off his line it bounced over his reach and into the net. Accurate passing through the middle of the pitch went to Colman who went wide of the keeper to hit his second. Jim Munford had his left- wing shot go high and into the corner of goal but was void when a player had moved into an offside positon.