DEREHAM TOWN U14: Both sides created half-chances in the first period with most of Catton's coming from long balls and the pace of their forward players, whilst Dereham tried to pass the ball into danger areas and create chances that way.

DEREHAM TOWN U14: Both sides created half-chances in the first period with most of Catton's coming from long balls and the pace of their forward players, whilst Dereham tried to pass the ball into danger areas and create chances that way. Dereham began to dominate more. Williams got in behind the last defender but his shot was too close to the keeper, then Ward's free-kick was brought down well by Williams who spun and hit a shot towards goal only to see a defender block the ball away for a corner. Half-time: Dereham Town 0, Old Catton 0. After Upton had almost raced clear by playing a smart one-two with Williams, he burst into the box to get on the end of Allen's excellent ball and was fouled. Churchyard stepped up to take the penalty and drove the ball to the keeper's right as he was diving to the left. A free-kick on the edge of the area gave Williams the chance to fire low into the corner to give Dereham some breathing space. Full time: Dereham Town U14 2, Old Catton 0.

MATTISHALL U11 hosted Reffley B. A full team available with Sam, Tom, Bradley, Bryn, Liam, Ollie, Josh, Jack, Jasper and Nathan. Solid defending from Jack and Ollie kept the ball out. Ollie had the first attempt at goal but was just over. The first goal came from Reffley. Mattishall started to find their game, passing well. Zack spotted the keeper off his line and took a incredible shot from just over the halfway line over the keeper and into the net. The next goal came from Liam just before half-time for 2-1 to Mattishall at half-time. The third goal came from Jasper who slotted the ball in the net after it ricocheted off two Reffley players. Jasper also got the fourth goal from a fine run down the wing and striking the ball well into the top corner. Reffley had a shot and Sam, who was having a great game, got the ball over the bar with his fingertips. Mattishall saw a second goal from Zack, making it 5-1. Jasper then deservedly got his hat-trick in the last five minutes andmanaged one more goal before the whistle with what appeared to be a cross for Zack which twisted past the keeper into the net to make it 7-1. An outstanding second half with great effort from all of the boys. MoM: Jasper. w We are still looking for a few more players to join us next season. If you want to join the team contact the team manager Gary on 01362 695660 for more information.

DEREHAM U12: A below-par side defeated Poringland on Sunday. The match was played in midfield for a large part of the first half. Jordi, Wattsy and Max were seeing a lot of the ball but getting bogged down in the middle. Ryan was having a great game and after seeing his long-range effort go just wide and a sweet shot well saved, he played a super ball inside to Phil, who played a perfect lob over the keeper for a fine goal. Jordi had a good effort stopped on the line and Jared saw his screamer go inches wide from outside the box. Max's blistering free-kick was turned away for a corner from which Lewis headed just wide. The second half was tight as Poringland pushed forward. Goalkeeper Fitty made some breathtaking saves. Zak, Joe, Mateo and Rio stood firm at the back. Ryan got involved all over the park and deserved more from his sparkling effort which stung the keeper's hands. Billy was a tiger in midfield and his interception set Boycey up with the last chance of the game, but his chip went just over. Poringland 0, Dereham 1.

DEREHAM WANDERERS U10 STAGS entertained Weeting and made a really good start, matching Weeting and playing nice passing football. Both teams had chances and the ball spent a lot of time in midfield. After a good save from Alice, Weeting won a corner which bounced around in the box before looping into the air and Weeting made it 1-0 with a header. Saskia and Nathan were working hard together in defence but when Weeting won another corner Nathan's clearance was smashed home to give Weeting a 2-0 lead. Regan and Chris were fighting hard in midfield. Weeting put together a good passing move and made it 3-0 although Dereham where playing just as well as Weeting. Regan was unlucky to see his shot go just wide after the keeper had saved a powerful shot from Logan. Dereham's football finally got the goal it deserved after Chris hit a shot from distance which the Weeting keeper saved, but Logan was first to the rebound to make it 3-1. Weeting and Dereham matched each other as the match flowed from end-to-end but Weeting grabbed a fourth after Saskia's attempted clearance from a corner sliced off her foot past Alice. Dereham were very unlucky not to get another goal. Logan saw a powerful goalbound shot tipped away. by the keeper. Dereham gifted Weeting a fifth goal in a defensive mix-up. Logan saw a shot hit the post and another shot go inches wide. Another corner from Weeting and another own goal off James made it 6-1. Chris' long-range free-kick was well tipped over by the keeper before Dereham got a goal from a corner as Callum smashed in a volley straight from a Chris corner which saw the game finish 6-2 to Weeting, much closer than the scoreline suggests. Goals: Logan, Callum. Man of the match: Chris. Manager's MoM: Logan.

LITCHAM U12 travelled to Lakenheath for a league fixture needing a victory to win the league title. Litcham played some good football, putting pressure on the Lakenheath defence to win a corner which was taken by Charlie. His good cross was headed in bravely by Harry. Although Litcham played the better football Lakenheath looked dangerous on the break and deserved their equalizer at half-time. In the second half Litcham piled on the pressure again with some neat interplay down the left by Nathan, Kai and Charlie but could not find the finish to take the lead. The breakthrough came when Alby came off the bench to shoot low into the corner and Jake scored another to make the final score 3-1. Litcham have three more league fixtures to play and a cup final to look forward to. Litcham would like to thank all the other teams in the league for some great games and look forward to playing again next season.

DEREHAM Wanderers Blues U10 travelled to Mundford for their last game of the season knowing a point would secure top spot in their league. This they achieved with a comfortable 3-0 win. This was a dramatic turn-around from last year when they lost every game and finished bottom of the league. In the early stages Mundford gave Dereham one or two scares but Billy in goal was outstanding. Dereham's opening goal came after 20 minutes when, following a poor goal kick by the keeper, Josh B latched on to the ball and passed the ball into an empty net. Byron, Jordan and Adam were again superb in defence. Dereham scored the best goal of the game when neat build-up play between Ben and Liam gave Sam a half-chance which he took brilliantly, volleying the ball over the oncoming keeper from the edge of the area. Reece went close and caused several problems. Dereham's persistence and overall dominance paid off when Josh B latched on to a long ball and lobbed the advancing keeper. This was an excellent end to a fantastic season. The league itself was incredibly close, with just three games remaining any one of three teams could have won. Dereham, however, won their last three vital games to become champions. Final score: Dereham Wanderers Blue 3, Mundford 0. Wanderer's manager's MoM: Liam Jarvis. Mundford manager's MoM: Ben Gordon.

DEREHAM WANDERERS BLUES U10 wish to build on their excellent season and are already looking for new players for the start of next season, in particular a goalkeeper. This will be under the newly formed Swanton Morley Rovers. Also, due to the team moving up to U11 next year, they will need more players in the squad. Therefore, there's a good chance you'll be playing in the team every week. Anyone currently in Year 5 who might be interested will be more than welcome. Blues will be playing a few five-a-side tournaments during the summer so you won't have to wait until September to start playing for the team. The first training session will be free and currently training sessions run from 6-7.30pm on a Monday at the Dereham Hockey Club. Contact Adrian on 07908 000845 if you would like any further information, or feel free to turn up to training (even if it's just to watch) and ask for Pete or Adrian.