DISS TOWN U10 HAWKS made a good start in their first match for over two months against Lakeford. Jamie Channell saw his shot well saved and Charlie Stammers went close at the end of a goalmouth scramble.

DISS TOWN U10 HAWKS made a good start in their first match for over two months against Lakeford. Jamie Channell saw his shot well saved and Charlie Stammers went close at the end of a goalmouth scramble. However, Lakeford scored against the run of play and it needed Steven Hines to make some fine interceptions to keep the score at 0-1 at half-time. In the second half, the Hawks were grateful to MoM Will Aitken for a brilliant double save. After that, Ben Mills won and used the ball well as Diss pressed forward incessantly. The pressure told when Lee Rackham equalised and then Josh Lucraft scored the winner to complete a great comeback. Final score: 2-1.

DISS TOWN U10 HAWKS, in their second match against Toftwood, were caught on the back foot and conceded two early goals. After that, they began to compete much better. Sam Hunt went close several times and then MoM Will Smith won the ball and hit the bar with a long-range shot. Diss played really well in the second half. Their passing and moving was excellent on a muddy pitch. They created countless chances but were unable to convert any of them. The match ended in a 2-0 defeat but Diss deserved much better for a skilful and determined performance. Diss Town Youth U10 teams will be moving to 11 a-side next season and are looking for players to add to the two team's. See the U10 Hawks pages at www.disstownfc.co.uk then click on the youth team tab or e-mail youth@disstownfc.co.uk for details of the U10 or any other team or go along to the Corn Hall on Saturday.

DISS TOWN U10 TIGERS put in a very encouraging display. Town took the first quarter to get in their stride, by which time Mulbarton were already two goals up, but from then on there was plenty of effort and enthusiasm from the whole Diss team. Some excellent saves from Joshua Musk and positive defence, with Georgia Laurie and Samuel Seymour Blackburn tackling well, prevented Mulbarton's goal tally from being higher than the five the match ended with. There were several forward runs from Isaac Holliday, who had shots at goal. Callum Woods and Billy Hines worked hard in midfield. Diss kept up the pressure and were eventually rewarded with a goal from Josh Cook. Final score Mulbarton U10 5, Diss Town U10 Tigers 1.

HARLESTON U13 entertained St Benets Wasps this week with some key players missing and no subs so the home team knew this might be a tough game. Although there were chances at both ends it was the home team's A Burlton who was first on the scoresheet and this was soon followed up by an own goal to put Harleston 2-0 up. Harleston continued to pressure Wasps and despite a handful of missed chances Burlton did manage to bag a second before half-time, sending the home team in at the break 3-0 up. Despite Harleston losing the fluency in their passing for a lot of the second half W Coleman slotted one home and Burlton grabbed another for his hat-trick which put the hosts 5-0 in front. With the home team's defence switching off on occasions the visitors managed to break through and pull two back but this was cancelled out by an excellent solo effort from J Withington. Wasps did net another late consolation goal but if truth be known it could have been more if not for yet again another great goal keeping display from J Brown.

MoM: M Manser who had another creative game in midfield. Final score: Harleston 6, St Benets Wasps 3.

HEMPNALL U12, after the euphoria of the previous Sunday's win in the semi- final of the League Cup, were generally very poor when they entertained St Benet's A in the league. The team missed the dominate presence of Ethan Humphrey in defence and could have found themselves several goals done at the break. Instead they were rather unlucky to concede a goal with the last kick of the half. In the second half there was a slight improvement by the team which limited St Benet's to a few half- chances but there was not enough strength in attack. The St Benet's keeper was not required to make one save and Hempnall were unable to force one corner in the match. That said, without the juggling of players in unfamiliar positions to fill in for Ethan, Hempnall would probably have taken some points from the game. On the day St Benet's were the better side and deserved their win. Final score: Hempnall U12 0, St Benets A 1.

SCOLE LADS U10: There wasn't much to love in the early stages of this Valentine's Day meeting against Mulbarton. Scole showed some neat touches, but on a boggy pitch the defenders on both sides were on top. Oliver Boardman and Daniel Whyman rarely looking troubled despite a succession of Mulbarton corners. Scole had their fair share of possession but the final ball let them down. The tempo increased in the second half and a great ball from Daniel Heffer found Charlie Hitch unmarked at the far post for the games best chance but the shot just missed the target. MoM Oliver Boardman was having a faultless game at the back and his interception put Kieron Manning free on a dangerous run. Scole looked likely to grab a winner in the last few minutes but the ball just wouldn't break for them. Mulbarton nearly stole the points with a late corner which was scrambled away to safety. Final score 0-0.

SCOLE U11 gave a good solid team performance with Costessey rarely threatening to score. The first half only produced the one goal from Ben Shepherd but Scole had most of the possession. In the second half Scole got into their stride more and the goals started to hit the target. Ben Shepherd scored two to complete a hat-trick and Sam joy followed up with two more. Reece Lanchester did a good job filling in as goalkeeper. MoM: Ben Shepherd.

SCOLE LADS U12 lost 4-2 at home to Morley. Breaking through Morley's pushy defence was tough and the first few opportunities from Everett and Monkhouse went wide. Scole had the majority of possession and at 2-0 down Jake Wootton placed a high ball in the back of the net to pull one back. Some good defence from the goalie, Rogers and Carradus saved one goal but Morley scored again, 3-1. Lewis Rose picked up a cross from Payne to score, 3-2 but Scole failed to hit the target again despite some great runs from Shipperlee, Payne and Everett. Final score 4-2 as Scole's defence couldn't out-run Morley's only striker. MoM: Alan Everett.

DISS U18's Ridgeons Youth League Central Division match against their Walsham-le-Willows counterparts was postponed last Thursday. Diss U18 travel to Woodbridge next Thursday.