Michael Bailey Paul Lambert felt Norwich City fully deserved their 2-1 win over struggling Southend last night - even though they went about it the hard way. Scott Vernon's 45th minute effort had given United a shock lead they seemed destined to hold onto, until the introduction 20 minutes from full-time of Oli Johnson, who scored twice to preserve City's three point lead over Leeds at the top of League One.

Michael Bailey

Leeds United boss Simon Grayson says any one of League One's top half a dozen can go up automatically.

Grayson's side are now five points behind leaders Norwich with a game in hand after a 2-2 draw at Huddersfield on Saturday lunchtime.

"I thought it was a fair result and it is another point on to our tally," he said.

"But the lead has tightened up and I believe that all of the top six are in with a shout of going up automatically.

"I clearly would have preferred a win to make it a bit more difficult for teams to catch us. But it is another game gone, another match without defeat, and so it's one less match for them to do it in."

Huddersfield winger Gary Roberts rescued a point after the Terriers had led before coming back from 2-1 down. Huddersfield took the lead early on through Anthony Pilkington, but headers from Jon Howson and Luciano Becchio put Leeds in front before Roberts ensured honours were even.

Charlton, 2-1 winners at Southend on Friday, remain third after Colchester lost 3-2 away to Bristol Rovers, leaving manager Aidy Boothroyd seething.

Dominic Blizzard opened the scoring for Rovers before John-Joe O'Toole equalised. Jo Kuffour and Chris Lines scored after the break to put the home side 3-1 ahead before Kayode Odejayi netted for Colchester with two minutes to go.

Boothroyd said: "I can't remember ever being this annoyed since I've been here.

"We should have absolutely crushed them, but if you don't defend properly then you get what you deserve."

Lee Barnard scored twice as Southampton romped to a 5-1 victory over Walsall.

Matthew Richards scored after three minutes only for Jason Puncheon to equalise five minutes later. Barnard scored twice in three first-half minutes and goals after the break from Richard Lambert and Adam Lallana completed the rout.

Stockport won the battle of the bottom two 4-3 in a thriller at Edgeley Park. Stockport had looked home and dry when they went 4-0 up inside an hour thanks to goals from George Donnelly (two), Richie Partridge and Jemal Johnson.

But Wycombe hit back with strikes from Matt Phillips (two) and then an Owain Fon Williams own goal with five minutes of the game left to go.

Exeter's relegation woes continued as goals from Tommy Elphick and Gary Dicker secured a 2-0 defeat at Brighton.

Ian Harte scored either side of half-time, the second a penalty, as Carlisle won 2-0 against Gillingham.

Millwall remain on the fringes of the play-offs after Neil Harris scored the only goal at home to Hartlepool.

MK Dons saw their play-off hopes hit as they lost 1-0 at Yeovil, Shaun MacDonald scoring the only goal.

Leyton Orient drew 0-0 at home to promotion-chasing Swindon.