DEREHAM U13 Girls travelled to Thorpe Rec on Saturday to take on Norwich City. Chantelle, the Dereham keeper, during the entire 70 minutes had not a single shot on target to deal with.

DEREHAM U13 Girls travelled to Thorpe Rec on Saturday to take on Norwich City. Chantelle, the Dereham keeper, during the entire 70 minutes had not a single shot on target to deal with. Dereham started with Lanti, Merrick and Bea linking up very well. But for some good goalkeeping, Norwich could have fallen behind after just 10 minutes. Dereham were forced into early changes with Joy and Lonny unwell. Dereham continued to press hard after the break and were twice denied penalties for hand-ball in a crowded and congested Norwich penalty area. The Norwich keeper was outstanding throughout and Lonny, who had come back on, had a terrific header well saved. Dereham gave everything in last few minutes, but Norwich held out for 0-0 draw.

DEREHAM Town U12 entertained Poringland with a squad of just 11 due to illness. The first 10 minutes were even until Max put Dereham ahead. Dereham never looked back with goals following from Phil (3) and Boyce (5). Fitty had a quiet game in goal, well supported by his defenders Zack, Mateo, Rio and Joe. Cally, Max, Ryan and Lewis dominated midfield. A great team performance. Dereham 9, Poringland 0.

DEREHAM Wanderers Blues U10 entertained Mundford and a couple of minutes Billy gave them a 1-0 advantage. Dereham had the run of play with Ben scoring a second goal from a corner by Adam. The wind was a huge factor and Mundford took advantage and scored. Dereham's defence of Jordan and Byron were strong, making sure that Finlay, Dereham's keeper, kept the score tight with excellent saves. Mundford seized an opportunity and equalized at 2-2. With Josh B's continuing pressure, Dereham upped their game and with only 15 seconds left, from the halfway line, Ben made a run down the wing. He timed the cross to Billy perfectly, who coolly scored. Final score 3-2 Dereham. Dereham continue their league run with four wins out of five and retain top league position. Opposition's MoM: Josh B. Manager's MoM: Ben.

LITCHAM U12 travelled to Wymondham and played in an enjoyable friendly where both teams struggled against the windy conditions. Litcham, with the wind behind them, created chances only to see the keeper in good form. Good work down the left between Ben and Kai created a chance for Nathan to score one of his three well-taken goals with a crisp shot from the edge of the area. Alby scored direct from a corner, the ball swung in under the bar straight into the top of the net. Harry worked hard in front of the defence with his midfield partners Jake and Ben trying to make space against a very defensive opposition. Kai scored after some great individual play. Brad, James and Tyler kept the Wymondham strikers under control with Kyle dealing with the long through ball in the second half. Final score 5-0. Wymondham were unlucky not to score in a goalmouth mel�e, the shot cleared off the line by Bradley. MoM: James Harvey.

DEREHAM WANDERERS STRIPES beat Morley 6-1. Both teams resorted to kick and rush on a hard, wind-swept pitch. Moves broke down as Stripes struggled to find a way through a Morley defence. Stripes did everything but score as Morley huffed and puffed by rarely threatened. It took almost to the break before Stripes opened their account. In their first real passing move Stripes combined well to give George Broster the chance to score. Things picked up for Stripes in the second half as they began to move the ball about. Louie Seaton made the most of a free-kick to extend the lead and George Broster slipped another home from close in. An odd break from Morley called Myles Wheleer into action with a fine save. George Broster secured his hat-trick with an opportunist goal after good work from Kyle Mitchell and Thomas Semmons made it five from the penalty spot. Stripes' defence went to sleep to allow Morley a consolation goal but George Broster rounded off the scoring with a well-taken goal. Stripes stay in the top half of the table. Team: Myles Wheeler, Billy Newson, Matthew Palmer, Miguel Ferreira, Keenan Stokes, Kyle Mitchell, George Broster, Louie Seaton, Thomas Moyes, Joe Whitehead, Thomas Semmons, Ashley Bell. MoM: Kyle Mitchell. Manager's MoM: George Broster.

FAKENHAM U12 welcomed Taverham to Clipbush Park where for the first time they played on the first team pitch, and won 4-2.

Ollie put a great ball into the box for Kyle to run onto. He passed to Christian who sent a high ball over the keeper's head into the top of the goal to make it 1-0 after five minutes. Fakenham continued to press with good balls into the box from Tom and Dion and shots from Kyle, Brady and Dan. From Fakenham's first corner, Taverham broke quickly to make it 1-1. Tom, Harry, Olly and Dan combined for Tom to force a diving save. from corner, a brilliant ball from Martin fell to Christian who scored his second goal for 2-1. After confusion in defence Taverham again equalised. A great through-ball from Martin found Dan, who chipped the keeper with a great finish to it 3-2 at half-time. Second half saw Grant coming into action to take high balls. Dan made two great runs down the right, putting good balls into the box whilst the Fakenham defence of Curtis, Dion, Harry, Tom and Jack were kept busy. George came on for the injured Olly and, working hard down the left, won a free-kick just outside the box. Dion put in a fantastic ball from which Kyle chipped the keeper. Team: Grant, Curtis, Dion, Harry, Tom, Olly, Christian, Dan, Jack, Brady, Kyle, Martin, George.

Wells Town U10 were at home to West Winch, poor defending giving away two goals in the first five minutes. After bringing on Mark and Scott, Wells put pressure on West Winch with several shots on goal from Conor and George and good defending from James B. Half time: 2-0 to West Winch. Wells continued to put pressure on in the second half but couldn't find the back of the net. Their heads started to drop towards the end of the game and West Winch scored in the dying seconds to make it 3-0. Team: Jack, Harry, James B, James P, Bailey, Scott, Mark, George and Conor.

FAKENHAM AMBERS U10 travelled to Heacham and dominated the first half, but despite a dozen or so crosses from Ben on the right wing in particular, Fakenham struggled to fully test the Heacham goalkeeper. Several good attempts failed to produce the opening goal, Aaron attempting several headers. A succession of substitutions eventually saw Fakenham take the lead through a composed finish by Tom. In the second half Fakenham continued to dominate through the probing runs of Reece and Jake. The Fakenham defence marshalled by Charlie, Josh and Rahul was rarely troubled, however a lapse in concentration allowed Heacham to equalize. Fakenham applied considerable pressure and scored four late but deserved goals to win 5-1. MoM: Aaron Burton. Team: Callum, Rahul, Josh, Charlie, Reece, Aaron, Ben, Tom, Jake.

FAKENHAM GHOSTS U10 travelled to high-flying Mattishall having suffered a couple of late call-offs. Jack, Kai and Travis dealt comfortably with any attacks. Ben and Chant, although out numbered in midfield, worked hard to gain possession and tried to pass the ball around as they are encouraged to do. Mattishall took the lead just before half-time when a speculative shot from the edge of the box took a cruel deflection. The second half followed a similar pattern with both teams battling for every ball but chances hard to come by. Jamie had to be alert to keep the Ghosts in the game and they twice almost snatched a deserved late equaliser when Ben and Matty got in on goal but were unable to convert half-chances. Final score 1-0. Next, home against Shouldham. Spectators' MoM: Jack for an all-action and brave performance. Team: Jamie, Travis, Kai, Jack, Ben, Chant and Matty.

DEREHAM U10A moved to third in the league. First Dereham played Firside. It was end-to-end football with both defences on top form. Dereham went 1-0 up with a first-half free-kick from Mason that flew through a crowded box into the net. The lads fought hard to protect their lead for a well-earned victory. Next up was Mulbarton for another thrilling game. Good chances fell to both teams but Mulbarton broke the deadlock when a long ball was played to their unmarked striker. The game continued at a fierce pace in the second half. A well-deserved equaliser finally came when Czarek skilfully flicked the ball into box for Mason to smash home. MoM: Will and Josh. Team: Will, Josh, Jake, Marcus, Kyle, Dan, Mason, Harry and Czarek.

DEREHAM U14, after 15 minutes saw Mulbarton score following a goalmouth scramble. Three minutes later Dereham levelled, Upton sliding the ball across for Churchyard to tap home from four yards. Mulbarton went in front again, their striker curling a shot in at the back post. Allen found Churchyard in space down the right and his deep cross was volleyed home at the far post by Betts. Half-time: Dereham Town 2, Mulbarton Wanderers 2. Dereham failed to clear on the edge of the box and Cox had to make a point-blank save. Quirke then whipped a cross to the back post where Lake stole in to tap home. Mulbarton continued to be a threat. With time almost up Upton swung over another cross, and this time Betts forced the ball home despite the presence of two defenders and the goalkeeper. Full-time: Dereham Town 4, Mulbarton Wanderers 2. Man of the match: Jason Ward for a commanding performance in defence.

DEREHAM Town U11 played Drayton badly needing home win. Fine goalkeeping by Ollie kept Dereham in the game. Ryan had two chances and was unlucky not to open the scoring. Fine team work from Travis and Harry set up Ryan who, with a great first touch, took a superb shot from 25 yards which left the Drayton goalkeeper with no chance. The second half saw some great play from Jacob who created chances for Ryan. Sloppy defending led to Drayton taking their chance and making it 1-1. The game looked set for a draw until minutes from the end the Drayton striker took a hopeful shot which dipped under the bar, leaving the Dereham keeper Ollie no chance. The match ended with Drayton taking the points. MoM: Jacob.

DEREHAM WANDERERS U11 GIRLS lost 8-0 to Gorleston. Dereham got off to a very poor start and conceded eight goals in the first half, with no subs. The second half saw Dereham come out battling and playing some great football, Jess was on form in goal and every player gave 100 per cent. Dereham were unlucky not to score but they held Gorleston at eight goals. Dereham squad: Jess, Ellie, Saskia, Charlotte, Alice, Brooke and Laura. Player of the match: Alice.

DEREHAM WANDERERS U10 STAGS drew 1-1 with Mulbarton. Dereham had a slow start and with Regan going off early through injury it just wasn't their day. The third quarter saw Logan score a great goal for Dereham. Chris was working hard, Sas and Josh made numerous good tackles and clearances. Logan, Callum & Chris had several chances and Adam was putting in some good tackles but Dereham couldn't increase their lead. In the last quarter Dereham were unlucky to concede an equalizer. Dereham squad: Alice, Saskia, Chris, Regan, Josh, Callum, James, Adam, Logan. Goal and PoM: Logan, Dereham Player of the match: Logan. Manager's PoM: Chris.