ST BENET'S WASPS U15 produced their best team performance this far against a good Kirkley and Pakefield side. The first half saw both teams going for goal with K&P having several chances to take the lead.

ST BENET'S WASPS U15 produced their best team performance this far against a good Kirkley and Pakefield side. The first half saw both teams going for goal with K&P having several chances to take the lead. But it was Wasps who broke the deadlock with Billy scoring from a superb through ball from Danny. Nathan scored on the stroke of half-time from a well-taken shot.

Two minutes into the second half Adam scored from a well-taken half-volley. Midway through the half Nathan netted with a fantastic individual effort, rounding the oncoming keeper and calmly finishing. K&P continued to create chances and were rewarded with a well-taken free-kick, making the final score 4-1 to the Wasps, with credit to both teams for a great game. Man of the match was Tom.

BUNGAY Town U13 Girls' season finally got under way with a home match against Bohemians. In the first half Bungay were playing into a strong wind and were unfortunate to find themselves 2-0 down early on, but could have easily been level with shots from Eva (bar) Rosie (post). Bungay played some further neat football with near misses from Rosie and Chloe. Megan and Lauren battled well down the right with Titch in the middle, however keeper Katie found herself picking the ball out of the net again just before half-time to Bungay 3-0 down. Bungay started the second half more positively with two goals from Chloe (penalty) and Rosie. With renewed optimism Bungay battled on but two further goals from Bohemians settled the match. Final score: 5-2. Good experience for the new girls to the squad Shannon, Charlotte, Vicky, Niamh and Hattie. Here's hoping for better luck in the next match away to Waveney Girls on November 8.

ST BENETS WASPS U14B were away to Bohemians. Wasps had the wind behind them in the first half and immediately created chances, but shots and headers from Sam, Callum and Jamie flew wide or were saved. The best chance was tipped over the bar from Matt's free-kick. Bohemians rarely threatened due to Harry's great handling and anticipation. Bohemians scored late in the first half from their only clear chance. Bohemians pressured the Wasps' defence in the second half, using the wings to good effect. Harry made a series of good saves and clearances, but as Wasps pressed for an equaliser they got caught twice on the break. Wasps still had chances but found the Bohemians' defence, and especially their keeper, in great form. The final 3-0 scoreline did not reflect the very even game. The whole team played well, superbly marshalled by captain Matt. Coopers man of the match was stand-in keeper Harry for a great performance.

BUNGAY TOWN U15 lost 8-1 to Lowestoft Town U15. They were up against a magnificent Lowestoft side who were unbeaten in the league, and they soon demonstrated why. Just three minutes after the kick-off Lowestoft were 1-0 up when a deep cross was turned in by one of Bungay's players. Lowestoft should have been two or three up soon after, but they failed to convert crucial opportunities, and one shot came crashing off the Bungay bar. In the 20th minute Lowestoft were punished as Cormac's desperation won the ball from the goalkeeper, which left an empty net for Cormac to equalise. This lifted Bungay's spirits and they pressed Lowestoft, but their defence stood firm. Two goals in three minutes gave Lowestoft a comfortable lead to take into half-time, the first coming from a long succession of corner kicks. Eventually, the ball dropped on the edge of the penalty area and was slotted into the bottom corner of the net. The second came thanks to a mistake from Razvan in goal when he allowed a weak shot to squeeze past him. Half-time score: Bungay 1, Lowestoft 3. Bungay started the second half well and created a chance for Alex Clarke, who shot wide. But Bungay's efforts to get back into the game were rapidly destroyed as three further Lowestoft goals were added and in the final four minutes Lowestoft polished off Bungay with two more goals, one of them coming from a lapse in concentration from Razvan in goal. Bungay never let their heads drop and all members of the team were awarded man of the match for their sterling effort. A special mention to Daniel Aldrich for his impressive and painful defending.

ST BENETS Wasps U11A played at home to Mutford and found themselves behind in the first minute. Mutford continued the pressure and scored a second, although Toby almost pulled one back before the break when his low shot was well saved by the keeper. In the second half Wasps didn't put any passes together and the well-organised Mutford side added four more goals to their tally. Wasps finally got one back after the keeper was unable to hold onto Toby's shot and Herbie followed in. Special mention for Elliot who battled well in the heart of the Wasps' defence. Full time: Wasps 1, Mutford 6.