Martin Davis Making their third visit to Lancashire, and their first ever to Fleetwood Town's Highbury Stadium, the Linnets were looking to complete only their second league double of this Conference campaign, having beaten the Town 1-0 on their visit to The Walks with a goal from Michael Frew way back in September.

Martin Davis

Making their third visit to Lancashire, and their first ever to Fleetwood Town's Highbury Stadium, the Linnets were looking to complete only their second league double of this Conference campaign, having beaten the Town 1-0 on their visit to The Walks with a goal from Michael Frew way back in September.

On the Lynn side, which was defeated by Droylsden on Monday, Manager Keith Webb made two changes to the starting line-up. Scott Mitchell took the number 7 shirt instead of Ross Kelly and Andrew Fisk came in at number 11 instead of Mitchell. On the bench were Julian Joachim and Greg Crane came in for Charlie Defty who reverted back to the reserves.

Lynn began kicking off, attacking the Memorial Stand end at Fleetwood's Highbury Stadium on an afternoon perfect for football. The Linnets had an early free kick, taken by Johnson, who laid the ball off to Smith, who put a cross deep to the far post where Renton rose to have a header but Hurst in the home goal made a competent save.

For Fleetwood, Clancy won the ball in midfield and attacked the Lynn box, Camm getting across to clear by making a good blocked tackle. The first corner of the match came after 13 minutes to Lynn. Smith's flag kick was blocked out to Johnson who tried a shot but his effort was blocked.

Fleetwood responded with a corner of their own a minute later, Milligan playing a short ball to Beattie, who shot high over from the edge of the box. Lynn responded with a ball played up to Renton which saw him shoot on the turn but straight at keeper Hurst. When Fleetwood won a free kick some 25 yards out, the in-swinging kick from Milligan saw Howie diving to punch clear.

A spell of pressure from Fleetwood saw Warlow go down inside the box but Referee Haycock waved away the vehement home penalty appeals. It was Milligan again who crossed from the left flank for Fleetwood centre forward Wilde to shoot and bring a fine save from Howie at the foot of his post.

Fleetwood, however, were not to be denied and after 23 minutes went ahead when a fine individual run by CLANCY saw him beat several Lynn defenders before rolling the ball past Howie who had no chance to save.

On the half hour mark, Thomas was cautioned for a foul on Wilde and from the free kick taken by Beattie, the high bounce of the ball deceived Howie with CLANCY quick on the follow-up to pounce for an easy tap-in goal, this after just 32 minutes. For Lynn, trying to respond, the ball broke to Mitchell who was brought down some 20 yards out. Johnson took the kick but it was ordered to be re-taken with, this time, Smith taking the ball but his effort produced an easy save from Hurst.

Fleetwood attacked down their left flank with Hills breaking forward across to the back of the box where Connors fired in a pile-driver from 20 yards with Howie saving with his feet. On 44 minutes, Fleetwood were unlucky not to go three up, when Beattie, played in by Warlow, hit the post with Howie beaten, Peters just being able to clear the rebound. Fleetwood had dominated the half and fully deserved their two goal interval lead.

t Half-time: Fleetwood Town 2, King's Lynn 0

It only took three minutes into the second half before Sean Clancy completed his hat-trick driving in a low shot from eight yards after Fleetwood centre forward Wilde had worked hard in the box to win the ball off the Lynn defence with Clancy being sharp to take full advantage.

On 50 minutes Lynn made their first substitution with Joachim replacing Kris Renton.

Warlow caused danger in the Lynn box with a penetrating run and may well have had a penalty when he appeared to be pulled back by a defender.

Hat-trick Clancy was now replaced by Elderton for Fleetwood. When Thomas brought down Warlow Howie held Milligan's curling free kick shot.

On 58 minutes Lynn made a second substitution replacing Fisk with Kelly.

A Fleetwood attack on the left saw the cross from Hills mishandled by Howie but Warlow bundled the ball wide from close range.

Lynn now made their third and final substitution replacing Mitchell with Dwyer.

Yet another cross from Hills saw home skipper Milligan's effort on goal blocked by a defender, the ball ricocheting for a corner. From the flag kick Warlow headed over the bar.

Next to attack the Lynn goal was right back Beeley with a penetrating run down the right, Howie having to dive to cut out the low cross as he cut in on goal.

It was still Howie in the thick of the action as he had to claim another cross as they reigned in on the Lynn goal. He then turned over a hard shot from Warlow, punching away the flag kick from Milligan and then diving to save the return drive from Beattie.

Still Fleetwood pressed and a cross from Hills saw his opposite number full back Beeley get a header on target again saved by Howie.

In the 74th minute Lynn finally had a shot when Jack Defty tried from distance, Hurst making a comfortable stop.

Fleetwood now made a change replacing Connors with Pond. Centre forward Wilde picked up a poor Lynn clearance, he burst through to fire in a low drive which Howie diving to save couldn't hold but Peters was on hand to complete the clearance.

In a rare Lynn attack a cross from Dwyer was headed away by Taylor into the path of Jack Defty who tested the keeper with a header but the effort drifted just wide.

Fleetwood now brought on their final substitute, Wilde being replaced by Bell.

Heavy Fleetwood pressure just failed to produce the fourth goal as the Lynn defence had to have all hands to the pumps.

At last they did break clear after winning a free kick which allowed Jack Defty to take a 25-yard shot which produced a good tip-over save from Hurst, the Fleetwood defence easily dealing with the flag kick.

When Joachim beat the goalkeeper out wide on the line in a race for the ball he tried a shot with the outside of the boot but Beeley was alert to the danger and headed clear for Hills to break again on the left with Howie clawing away the full back's cross-cum-shot as it was bound for the top corner.

Fleetwood had dominated the match and finished worthy winners with Lynn lucky not to have conceded further goals.

t Result: Fleetwood Town 3, King's Lynn 0

t King's Lynn: Howie, Graham, Smith, Peters, Thomas, Camm, Mitchell, Johnson (Capt), Jack Defty, Renton, Fisk. Subs: Joachim, Crane, Dwyer, Kelly, Murray.

t Fleetwod: Hurst, Beeley, Hills, Mercer, Taylor, Beattie, Clancy, Milligan, Wilde, Warlow, Connors. Subs: Rouse, Bell, Pond, Elderton, Adams.

t Referee: Mr A W Haycock (Yorkshire)

t Attendance: 909