Mildenhall 1, Lowestoft 3: Lowestoft clinched the Ridgeons League Premier Division title with three games to spare last night when they won 3-1 at Simon Charlton's Mildenhall.

Mildenhall 1, Lowestoft 3

Lowestoft clinched the Ridgeons League Premier Division title with three games to spare last night when they won 3-1 at Simon Charlton's Mildenhall.

With around half of a 169 crowd cheering them on, the Blues scored three first half goals to secure the victory they needed to confirm what has been on the cards for some time now. Jamie Stokeld set the ball rolling after just nine minutes with a 30 yard screamer and although Lewis Baillie quickly equalised for the hosts the visitors were back in front on 18 minutes. This time Russell Stock laid on the opportunity for Bradley Hough to fire home.

Lowestoft scored their crucial third goal just before the interval when Hough netted his second - and then saw out the game to register their second Ridgeons League title in the space of three seasons.

With the silverware in the bag the big question now surrounds which league the Blues will be playing in next season.

As champions they are in a position to move up to the next level in the football pyramid - but there's no guarantee that will happen.

The club would be keen to play in Division One North of the Ryman League, which would mean fixtures against clubs in Suffolk, Essex and the London area, all within comfortable travelling distance

But a switch to the Southern League Midland Division - with long trips to the Birmingham area and beyond - would be less than welcome.

“We will make our feelings known on the matter,” said secretary Terry Lynes. “An FA committee will meet once all the leagues around the country are finished and decide who goes where. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.”

t Dereham 0, Woodbridge 0

Dereham were looking for the points to help to maintain their push for third place but had to settle for one.

Matty Henman rejigged his side following Saturday's defeat and they had the first shot in the fourth minute when Barrett volleyed well over from 20 yards.

The Magpies produced a chance in the 19th minute when Mowbray found Howell, who combined with Sam Willis before seeing his low shot blocked, with the rebound falling to brother Ollie, who had his drive well saved by Rose.

Sam Willis steered a Garner centre over the crossbar early in the second half. In the 77th minute Beaumont saw his precise side-footer cleared off the line after Eastoe-Smith had crossed to the far post. Beaumont then had another opportunity when he burst forward and, with only Rose to beat, blazed wide of the target.

t Halstead 4, Thetford Town 1

Thetford suffered a disappointing defeat at the hands of promotion-chasing Halstead in Division One.

The hosts narrowly won the original fixture 3-2 earlier in the season, but the game had to be replayed due to Halstead fielding an ineligible player. At half-time Thetford were worthy of the 1-1 score-line, with Simon Mann notching the equaliser in the 17th minute.

However, in the second half, goals from Townrow, Pollard (2) and Bryan gave the home side all three points.