A great week for Albion (GY) as they followed up their Burgess Cup final penalty shoot-out win against MK United Reserves by clinching the second division title with a comfortable 11-0 win against Carpathians.

Albion (GY) defeated Burgess Cup holders MK United Reserves in a penalty shoot-out after a 1-1 stalemate on the Wellesley on Wednesday evening.

Albion settled quickly with MK struggling to get hold of the ball or out of their own half.

On 15 minutes Albion came close to opening the scoring when James Hogbin corner was partially cleared and the returned cross was met by Matty Oldham, who grazed the top of the bar.

Despite their possession MK's goal was seldom threatened with the experienced centre backs Dale Crane and Andy Algar organising the backline. Matty Oldham was at the heart of the other half-chance of the half for Albion when he slid in Jonny Bowles, but a combination of Crane and keeper Dean Chilvers snubbed out the threat.

It was somewhat against the run of play of the half when MK took the lead a minute before the break when a long free-kick found the six-yard box where three MK players converged and Crane got the touch.

Albion came out of the traps quickly in the second half and Bowles strong run down the left resulted in a cross that just eluded Ricci-Lee Collins. Chilvers stretched to tip over an inswinging Hogbin corner. MK responded with Keiran Dainty forcing Lyle Haylett to dive to his left to parry.

Haylett turned provider after 65 minutes when his long clearance was headed on by Bowles and the speedster Sam Welch nicked the ball over the advancing Chilvers.

Welch continued to cause problems through the middle with his pace.

Albion thought they had twice won the game in the final 15 minutes. Ryan Johnston swung in a free-kick that was firmly met close in by substitute Lee Hunter, but Chilvers turned it over for a corner. In the final minute Chilvers produced a stunning stop when another free-kick was headed on and Peter Oldham diverted the ball from close range. Chilvers quickly changed direction to keep the ball out.

Oldham earned to yellow cards in quick succession and was dismissed with a minute remaining.

Eight excellent penalties heaped the pressure on MK stalwart Mark Miller who saw his high kick turned onto the bar by Haylett who had been a virtual spectator for most of the 110 minutes.

It was left to Kristian Gowing to convert the vital tenth penalty.

Albion (GY): Lyle Haylett: Rhys Butler, Liam Jones, Kristian Gowing, Ryan Johnston; Sam Welch, Peter Oldham, Matty Oldham, James Hogbin (Steve Toase 75 mins); Jonny Bowles, Ricci-Lee Collins (Lee Hunter 72 mins).

MK United Reserves: Dean Chilvers; Jack Stewart, Andy Algar, Dale Crane (Mark Miller 69 mins), Matty Fincham; Ryan Booth, Damien Foxhall, Shaun Miller, Connor Oxborough; Steve Bacon: Kieran Dainty (Lee Orchison 54 mins).

Referee: Nigel Evans Assistants: David Tozer, Jason Elliott.

t Albion (followed up their Burgess Cup final penalty shoot-out win against MK United Reserves by clinching the second division title with a comfortable 11-0 win against Carpathians.

Leading scorer Jonny Bowles chipped in with two goals as did Sam Welch and Peter Oldham, his first from the halfway line, with one each from Ryan Johnson, Rhys Butler, Ricci-Lee Collins, Liam Jones and an own goal completing the scoring.

In the race for second place MK United Reserves and Great Yarmouth Peelers didn't do their chances any good, drawing 1-1.

Ryan Booth scored for MK and they completed their programme a point behind second placed Shrublands.

Mark Carrier's goal for Peelers gives them an outside chance of the runners-up spot with games against champions Albion and Great Yarmouth United to complete their season. They are five points adrift of Shrublands whose last game tomorrow is against South Yarmouth.

Glenn Linnett netted a hat-trick for South Yarmouth at home to Great Yarmouth United as Louie Matthews completed the scoring in a 4-0 win while Matty Wallis scored twice in midweek against Hemsby Reserves as the two sides shared four goals and the points, Rory Gook and Wayne Bensley replying for Hemsby.

Norfolk and Chance stand sixth after finishing with a 5-2 win at home to Paperclip with goals from Ben Flaxman (2) Scott Foskett, Luke Spall and Mark Sutton.

Gorleston Wanderers recorded their seventh win of the season with a 5-1 victory against Martham A thanks to goals from Chris Wilkes (2) Jason Rowe, Colin Walker and Shannon Jones.

Wednesday, April 22

Burgess Cup final: Albion (GY) 1, MK United Reserves 1, Albion (GY) won 5-4 on pens.

Division Two: South Yarmouth 2, Hemsby Reserves 2.

Saturday, April 25

Division Two: Albion (GY) 11, Carpathians 0; Gorleston Wanderers 5, Martham A 1; MK United Reserves 1, Great Yarmouth Peelers 1; Norfolk and Chance 5, Paperclip 2; South Yarmouth 4, Great Yarmouth United 0.

Saturday, May 2

Division Two (2.30): Great Yarmouth United v Great Yarmouth Peelers (Mill Lane, A Anguish); Prostar Windows v Albion (GY) (Mill Lane, N Farrow); South Yarmouth v Shrublands (Mill Lane, J Elliott).

Wednesday, May 6

Division Two (6.30): Hemsby Reserves v Albion (GY) (Hemsby); South Yarmouth v Prostar Windows (Halvergate, P Cater).

Saturday, May 9

Division Two (2.30): Albion (GY) v Paperclip (Mill Lane, S Addy).