‘Onel Hernández to your collection point please’ - footballer meets excited fans at Norwich Argos store
- Credit: Tony Thrussell
Canaries footballer Onel Hernández was able to tear himself away from the Argos catalogues to speak to fans at the Norwich Riverside store.
Crowds of people gathered at the Argos shop from 3pm to get their shirts and memorabilia signed by the Norwich City winger on Wednesday.
The footballer stunned fans when he declared his love for the catalogue store in the club's official programme in January.
'When I read that in the newspaper I thought is that real? Is that fake news?' said Sophie Newby, 22, who travelled from Thetford to get her T-shirt signed.
Theo Lester, 12, from Costessey, added: 'I think it's quite cool because people think just because they're footballers they shop in posh places.'
Nicole Wise, 17, from Gorleston, said: 'I wished him well for this Friday's match.'
You may also want to watch:
'He's a fantastic player, he's done so well this season, this is our push for promotion,' said Jake Vincent, 23, from Hellesdon.
- 1 Chris Goreham: The red warning light is on for Farke and Norwich City
- 2 Six things you might have missed after City's sixth successive defeat
- 3 City Q&A - with Paddy Davitt
- 4 Injury blow for Norwich City loanee
- 5 Lee Payne: I don't know if Norwich City can break this yo-yo cycle
- 6 RECAP: City's U23s beaten in seven goal thriller at the Walks
- 7 Sargent signing is a 'master stroke'
- 8 Townsend reveals Krul spot kick 'mind games'
- 9 Reader letter: How Roy Hodgson can save Norwich City
- 10 City keeper 'can't wait' to prove doubters wrong