Quiz: How well do you know your Norwich City and Aston Villa links?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City head to Villa Park this weekend for a reunion of sorts with a former player.
Steve Bruce served the Canaries with distinction between 1984 and 1987, making more than 140 appearances before leaving Carrow Road for Manchester United.
Bruce also scored one of the most iconic goals in City's history when he bagged the winner against East Anglian derby rivals Ipswich Town in the Milk Cup semi-final in 1985.
The 56-year-old is now on his ninth managerial role, having joined Villa in October last year.
There are other managerial links between City and Villa: Paul Lambert infamously left Carrow Road in 2012 to move to the Midlands, while his mentor, Martin O'Neill, had two spells as a Canaries player in the early 1980s before becoming manager in 1995 – and was Villa manager from 2006 to 2010. Plus the great Ron Saunders of course.
You may also want to watch:
There are plenty of playing links too – but how well do you know them? Try our quiz...
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Cardiff man once again linked
- 2 ‘It’s me, it’s Tettey’ - Canaries legend's best quotes
- 3 City ranked top Premier League club for fan engagement
- 4 'My mission is not over' - Klose opens door to permanent Basel stay
- 5 Could City target any free agents this summer?
- 6 Rosenborg set for talks with Tettey
- 7 Pukki injury emphasises Norwich City’s need for another striker
- 8 Former City defender lands senior role at Wolves
- 9 City star facing possible race for Euros fitness due to injury
- 10 'I can’t wait for the flags' - Krul really missing City fans