Busy end ahead to Norwich City's countdown

PUBLISHED: 10:51 26 July 2010 | UPDATED: 17:26 10 September 2010

The Canaries face three games inside the space of a week as they complete their pre-season schedule. Paul Lambert is likely to send out a young squad for the trip to Ridgeons League Division One side Diss Town tomorrow (7.

The Canaries face three games inside the space of a week as they complete their pre-season schedule.

Paul Lambert is likely to send out a young squad for the trip to Ridgeons League Division One side Diss Town tomorrow (7.45pm), with senior players travelling to Sincil Bank to take on Chris Sutton's Lincoln City the following evening (7.30pm).

Then it's the big pre-season home game - against Premier League side Everton on Saturday - six days before City kick-off their Championship campaign at home to Watford.

City could face old foe Jermaine Beckford at the weekend, even though the striker - who moved from Leeds to Goodison Park in the summer - limped out of the pre-season friendly win over Preston on Saturday.

Beckford scored his first goals for the Merseysiders after bagging a brace in the 3-0 victory at Deepdale, but then suffered a kick on the foot. But Everton boss David Moyes doesn't believe that Beckford's injury is too serious.

“I don't think it was bad,” he said. “He got a kick on the top of the foot when he went to strike it and had to come off.

“Nothing to worry about. I think he will probably be back training on Monday or Tuesday.”

Lincoln City were on the receiving end of a 4-1 home thumping by Celtic on Saturday. Ben Hutchinson scored twice for Celtic, with Simon Ferry and Daryl Murphy also on target after Lincoln had taken an early lead through Albert Jarrett.

“I thought Celtic had a few good performances,” said Sutton. “(Paul) McGowan looked very comfortable in possession and Murphy has a proven scoring record. We made an error but he still had a bit to do at his goal.”

There were a number of arrests following several incidents of disorder and assault in the city after the match.

Most of those arrested were from the Lincoln area, but one fan from Glasgow was detained. No charges have been made so far.

t Former City midfielder Jason Jarrett has joined Oldham - and says he is raring to go after taking a year away from football.

The 30-year-old, who started just six league games for City in the 2005-06 season spent two months Port Vale last season, but effectively had a year out of the game.

“I decided to take a break because I had fallen out of love with the game,” he said. “I was not enjoying my football and my head was not right.

“It was a big risk, but I feel better for taking a year out and I have my hunger back.”

Most Read

Norwich City Video

Norwich City Audio

Norwich City Stats

The Pink Un magazine

cover
A must-read for any Norwich City fan with in-depth, straight-talking, analysis from the best writers around.
Purchase

Most Read

Latest from the Pink Un - Norwich City Football Club News