Canaries set to miss out to Celtic

PUBLISHED: 15:57 12 May 2007 | UPDATED: 10:17 14 September 2010

Norwich City's bid to scupper Mark McAllister's move to Celtic appears to have failed with the striker due to sign on at Parkhead later today. The 19-year-old, who has scored 15 goals for Dungannon Swifts this season, has flown to Scotland to complete the deal after an undisclosed bid was accepted by the Irish side.

Norwich City's bid to scupper Mark McAllister's move to Celtic appears to have failed with the striker due to sign on at Parkhead later today.

The 19-year-old, who has scored 15 goals for Dungannon Swifts this season, has flown to Scotland to complete the deal after an undisclosed bid was accepted by the Irish side.

Celtic coach Tommy Burns contacted Dungannon boss Harry Fay on Thursday night to confirm that the deal was going ahead.

“Tommy has been true to his word,” said Fay. “He said it would just take a few days to formalise details and he would get it sorted as quickly as possible.

“It's a great chance for Mark. I've no doubt he'll make the grade.”

The Canaries had tried to hijack the bid earlier in the week after they had watched the striker play in the Irish cup final last weekend. However, their attempt has fallen on deaf ears and McAllister has decided to join the Scottish champions for next season instead.

Become a supporter

This newspaper company has followed Norwich City through good times and bad. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce in depth coverage that makes a measurable difference to our community. OTBC

Norwich City Video

Norwich City Audio

Norwich City Stats

The Pink Un magazine

cover
A must-read for any Norwich City fan with in-depth, straight-talking, analysis from the best writers around.
Purchase

Latest from the Pink Un - Norwich City Football Club News

Get In Touch

General Enquiries

(01603) 772334

The PinkUn, Prospect House, Rouen Road, Norwich, NR1 1RE

Advertising