2010/11 season comes to a close
The league’s season came to an end on Saturday with the final matches. League champions Bridgham United travelled to Gressenhall and went down to a 3-0 defeat, a result which ensured Gressenhall take fourth place in Division One.
Morley Village beat Castle Acre Swifts in Division Two to pip Shropham United to third place by one point. In the other match, Nostro and Hethersett Athletic shared the spoils from a 4-4 draw.
In Division Three, runners-up North Elmham were beaten 4-3 at Methwold Rovers but Methwold were denied a third-place finish by Breckland Wanderers taking a point from their 1-1 home draw with Marham Wanderers. In the other match, Bawdeswell beat Stoke Ferry 6-4.
In the final match in Division Four, champions Diss Town A beat Tugas United by the odd goal of three to give them yet another league record. Their 73 points for the season breaks the record for the highest number of points in a season which had been previously been held by Yaxham since season 1998/99.
The league’s honours board for the season is:
You may also want to watch:
• Division One
Champions: Bridgham United
- 1 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 4 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 5 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 6 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 7 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 8 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
- 9 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 10 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion
Runners-up: Thetford Rovers Reserves
Relegated: Cockers, Cranworth
• Division Two
Champions: Feltwell United
Runners-up: Northwold S&SC
Relegated: Hingham Athletic Reserves, West End
• Division Three
Champions: Thurton & Ashby
Runners-up: North Elmham
Relegated: Rockland United Reserves, Shipdham Reserves
• Division Four
Champions: Diss Town A
Runners-up: Mulbarton Wanderers Reserves
Relegated: Dereham Cockers United, Shropham United Reserves
• Ben Smith Memorial Cup
Winners: Dereham Town A
• Sound & Vision Junior League Cup
Winners: Thetford Rovers Reserves
Runners-up: Dereham Town A
• Chequered Flag Primary League Cup
Winners: Castle Acre Swifts
Runners-up: Hethersett Athletic
• Mervyn Lambert Plant Hire Pease League Cup
Winners: Diss Town A
Runners-up: Marham Wanderers
• Birds Sports and Outdoor Benevolent Cup
Winners: Bridgham United
Runners-up: Morley Village
• Dick Davey Ambulance Cup
Winners: Diss Town A
Runners-up: Stoke Ferry
• Fen Regis Invitation Shield
Runners-up: Rockland United
Preparations are already underway for next season with five applications from new clubs having been received. Any further applications must be in the hands of the league secretary as soon as possible.
The Annual General Meeting takes place at Wymondham Central Hall on Monday, 13 June.
The new season will get underway proper on 20 August with the traditional start of the first round of the Bird Sports and Outdoor Benevolent Cup.