Johannes Hoff Thorup was impressed by the amount of research and analysis Norwich City undertook in their recruitment mission to make him David Wagner's successor. 

The former Nordsjaelland boss has been courted by the Canaries for months as they planned for life without Wagner, and Knapper identified Thorup as his desired candidate despite speaking to Will Still and Pascal Jansen as part of the process. 

Norwich have picked Thorup to lead a fresh journey at Carrow Road, and the Dane believes the sales pitch, coupled with the project ahead of him, was enough to entice him to City. 

"These are thorough analyses, which they have made, and these are people who understand what type of coach I am," Thorup told Danish outlet Bold. 

"It has been overwhelming because I have been aware from the start that there are several projects that do not turn me on. I'm probably not going to be good at saving a club that isn't doing so well.

"I'm probably better for a project that needs to be shaped and built up, where it needs to be sustainable and competitive over some time, and this is it."

City made their interest formal following Nordsjaelland's final game of the Superliga campaign last Sunday, with Thorup then travelling to Norfolk on Tuesday to put the finishing touches on the deal. 

Thorup has been reflecting on a whirlwind week in the Danish press, detailing how the interest began and the pace at which it moved. 

"It's been going on a long time, and without going into detail about how long it is exactly, it's been many months," City's boss said. 

The Pink Un: Thorup joined City from Danish side Nordsjaelland.Thorup joined City from Danish side Nordsjaelland. (Image: Rudi Dalsgaard)

"It has mainly happened between my agent and them, because I opt out of something like this when a season is underway. It has been going on. I did everything I could to stay out of negotiations and such until the season was over so I could focus as much as possible on Nordsjaelland.

"After our game inside the Parken (FC Copenhagen's ground), it all started to go fast, and I went to Norwich on Tuesday morning. I was there until Wednesday evening, when everything was negotiated in place, and we managed a number of practical things.

"It went fast during the two days, and it was intense, but luckily I was able to go home on Wednesday evening, and then I stopped by Nordsjaelland on Thursday to say goodbye to a lot of the good people up there. Now I have sorted out the last matters, and then I can take a little holiday soon."