A battle of the power Rangers
This week’s ‘One to Watch’ focuses on the two Rangers battling it out at the top of the Premier Division.
Last year’s runners-up Wymondham Rangers defend their 100 per cent start to the season against second-placed Acle Rangers.
Wymondham manager Andy Spiller has his sights set on going one better than last season. “That’s the aim, and I think it’s a realistic possibility,” he said, “and maybe even look for a league and Senior Cup double.”
Spiller said it’s more or less the same squad as last season, but the return of Tim Downs from his travels has made a big difference at the back.”
League Cup finalists Acle have added the free-scoring Ramsay Gashut, pictured, who netted 15 times in one game for Horsford SC last season; Richard Durrant and Dan Anderson to last year’s squad, and come into the game on the back of a 2-1 win against champions Quebec Rovers.
You may also want to watch:
“We had a bit of a depleted side against Quebec but the boys who came in did superbly against a side that will still be there or thereabouts at the end of the season. We didn’t do ourselves justice when we dropped our only points to Busmen, but after last week I am quietly confident.”
The game kicks off at 10.30 this Sunday at Wymondham Rec.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 3 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 4 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 5 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 6 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 7 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 8 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 9 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 10 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight