A battle of the power Rangers
This week’s ‘One to Watch’ focuses on the two Rangers battling it out at the top of the Premier Division.
Last year’s runners-up Wymondham Rangers defend their 100 per cent start to the season against second-placed Acle Rangers.
Wymondham manager Andy Spiller has his sights set on going one better than last season. “That’s the aim, and I think it’s a realistic possibility,” he said, “and maybe even look for a league and Senior Cup double.”
Spiller said it’s more or less the same squad as last season, but the return of Tim Downs from his travels has made a big difference at the back.”
League Cup finalists Acle have added the free-scoring Ramsay Gashut, pictured, who netted 15 times in one game for Horsford SC last season; Richard Durrant and Dan Anderson to last year’s squad, and come into the game on the back of a 2-1 win against champions Quebec Rovers.
You may also want to watch:
“We had a bit of a depleted side against Quebec but the boys who came in did superbly against a side that will still be there or thereabouts at the end of the season. We didn’t do ourselves justice when we dropped our only points to Busmen, but after last week I am quietly confident.”
The game kicks off at 10.30 this Sunday at Wymondham Rec.
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 2 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 4 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 6 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 7 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 8 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 9 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
- 10 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis