“A very hard working performance” – Norwich City fans praise changes made by Daniel Farke for win over Birmingham
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Changing formation and personnel to earn a much needed 1-0 home win over Birmingham has earned Norwich City head coach Daniel Farke a great deal of praise this evening.
The German fielded a very different team to that which started the dreadful 4-0 win at Millwall ahead of the international break, making five changes.
Christoph Zimmermann and the fit-again Timm Klose took over in the centre of defence, with Russell Martin and Marcel Franke not in the squad at all, and new signing Grant Hanley making a very late cameo as a substitute.
James Husband was dropped to the bench and Marco Stipermann replaced him at left-back but the decision to bring Alex Tettey and Tom Trybull in for Harrison Reed and Wes Hoolahan as defensive midfielders was key.
The victory came courtesy of Nelson Oliveira’s fourth goal of the season in just the fifth minute and saw the Canaries bounce back from conceding four goals in poor defeats in successive games before the international break.
You may also want to watch:
• Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above
- 1 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 2 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 3 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 5 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 6 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 7 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 8 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 9 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City