“A very hard working performance” – Norwich City fans praise changes made by Daniel Farke for win over Birmingham
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Changing formation and personnel to earn a much needed 1-0 home win over Birmingham has earned Norwich City head coach Daniel Farke a great deal of praise this evening.
The German fielded a very different team to that which started the dreadful 4-0 win at Millwall ahead of the international break, making five changes.
Christoph Zimmermann and the fit-again Timm Klose took over in the centre of defence, with Russell Martin and Marcel Franke not in the squad at all, and new signing Grant Hanley making a very late cameo as a substitute.
James Husband was dropped to the bench and Marco Stipermann replaced him at left-back but the decision to bring Alex Tettey and Tom Trybull in for Harrison Reed and Wes Hoolahan as defensive midfielders was key.
The victory came courtesy of Nelson Oliveira’s fourth goal of the season in just the fifth minute and saw the Canaries bounce back from conceding four goals in poor defeats in successive games before the international break.
You may also want to watch:
• Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above
- 1 Could Canaries benefit from Chelsea appointing Tuchel?
- 2 Former Arsenal and Norwich midfielder set to sign for Saints
- 3 Soto's striker instinct is clear - now he needs to prove it at Norwich City
- 4 Arsenal end chase in City star with Real Madrid signing
- 5 Paddy Davitt: City's bold call and the status quo
- 6 'He's been great for me' - Hanley grateful to Farke for making him a better player
- 7 'Lots to learn ' - Busy spell continues as City striker makes Swindon debut
- 8 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
- 9 The story of Alex Neil and Jordan Hugill's trainers
- 10 'You just want more' - McLean settled at City and focused on top-flight return