A victory for our work ethic - Johnson
Gary Johnson says his side's work ethic earned them victory over the Canaries. “It was important we got a victory today,” said Johnson after Jamie McCombe scored a late winner following a long lay-off with a fractured cheekbone.
Gary Johnson says his side's work ethic earned them victory over the Canaries.
“It was important we got a victory today,” said Johnson after Jamie McCombe scored a late winner following a long lay-off with a fractured cheekbone.
“ The lads rolled their sleeves up, worked very hard and put men behind the ball because Norwich are dangerous on the break.
“We played some good football today and created some really good opportunities but just didn't finish.
You may also want to watch:
“In all, I think we had six or seven really good opportunities, but the boys kept going and just had to make sure they didn't let anything in at the other end
“Sometimes that extra six inches - as we all know - we can make all the difference.
- 1 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 2 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 4 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 5 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 6 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 7 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 8 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 9 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
“With all the chances we had in the first half it was looking it was going to be something unusual that got us into the game.
“They were going down like flies at times so I don't know whether he'll get any more loans in to add to the 27 he has got already! But we kept in there. We had a lot of free kicks and corners and it was one of our set plays that we work on that brought us the goal.
“Jamie McCombe came back from injury and scored. It wasn't his head this time, it was a deft flick. It was a great goal and we work really hard on our set plays.”