City duo named in WhoScored team of the week
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City duo Max Aarons and Jamal Lewis have been named in WhoScored.com’s team of the week alongside some of the weekend’s top performers in the Premier League.
City's academy graduates were involved in the Canaries only goal in their 1-0 victory over Leicester City on Friday evening.
Aarons was the provider, beating England international full-back Ben Chilwell before crossing deep for Lewis to collect.
The Northern Irish international controlled on his chest prior to rifling a volley into the bottom corner of Kasper Schmeichel's net.
Both Aarons and Lewis graduated from the club's academy and have become staples in Daniel Farke's squad in the Premier League.
You may also want to watch:
Lewis found himself out of the side due to injury coupled with the level of Sam Byram's performances at left-back.
Friday was Lewis' first league start since City's controversial 2-2 draw with Jose Mourinho's Tottenham Hotspur in December.
- 1 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 4 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 5 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 6 Hugill stepped up when Norwich City needed him with determined display at Cardiff
- 7 'We need to pull our weight' - City skipper relieved to end his goal drought
- 8 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 9 Watch extended highlights of Norwich City's win at Cardiff
- 10 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
Aarons was announced as the sponsor's man of the match after a sterling performance on City's right-hand side of defence.
The 20-year-old has been the subject on intense speculation surrounding his future at Carrow Road, with several high-profile clubs rumoured to be interested in City's right-back.
Lewis has had to overcome numerous adversities during this campaign, including injury and finding himself out of City's starting line-up for the first time since his emergence in 2017.
The 22-year-old scored an impressive 8.1 out of 10 score - with his Canaries colleague Aarons ranking at 7.8 out of 10.
Watford winger Ismalia Sarr takes the top rating, scoring 9.3 out of 10 after his contribution to the Hornets impressive 3-0 victory over champions elect Liverpool.
Manchester United's January addition Bruno Fernandes also features in the team after netting a long-range effort against Everton on Sunday. The Portuguese midfielder has helped United move up to fifth in the Premier League table.
Aarons also made the website's under-21 team of the week, which included World Cup winning French forward Kylian Mbappe.
Bournemouth's Aaron Ramsdale and West Ham's Declan Rice also made the cut for that side.