WATCH: Impressive Aarons assist in England U21 6-0 Kosovo thrashing
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Max Aarons registered an impressive assist as four Norwich City players featured in England Under-21s 6-0 thrashing of Kosovo tonight.
Aarons, Todd Cantwell, Ben Godfrey and Tottenham Hotspur loanee Oliver Skipp all started the game for Aidy Boothroyd’s side - with Aarons playing a pivotal role in Reiss Nelson’s goal after slaloming past a number of defenders.
Aarons found himself in a one versus one situation by the right corner flag. He turned the Kosovo defender before driving to the touchline and squaring the ball to find oncoming Nelson.
Eddie Nketiah scored a ten minute hat-trick to put England into a 3-0 lead after 61 minutes, with goals from Nelson, Borussia Dortmund’s Jude Bellingham and Tottenham Hotspur’s Ryan Sessegnon completing the rout.
Cantwell was replaced by Nelson in the 66th minute, whilst Aarons, Godfrey and Skipp all completed the 90 minutes for former City youth coach Boothroyd.
You may also want to watch:
Przemyslaw Placheta also performed well for his country earlier today, registering two assists as Poland Under-21s beat Estonia’s youngsters 6-0.
- 1 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City
- 2 MATCHDAY RECAP: Huge goals for Hugill as City create daylight at the top
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 4 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 5 Hot Hugill caps a season's best display for City boss
- 6 Hugill brace ensures superb City beat Bristol
- 7 'Great header' - Hugill's goal earns seal of approval from Holt
- 8 Farke maps out his risk averse strategy on Pukki and Krul
- 9 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
- 10 STARTING XIs: Krul returns for Canaries against Bristol City