WATCH: Impressive Aarons assist in England U21 6-0 Kosovo thrashing
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Max Aarons registered an impressive assist as four Norwich City players featured in England Under-21s 6-0 thrashing of Kosovo tonight.
Aarons, Todd Cantwell, Ben Godfrey and Tottenham Hotspur loanee Oliver Skipp all started the game for Aidy Boothroyd’s side - with Aarons playing a pivotal role in Reiss Nelson’s goal after slaloming past a number of defenders.
Aarons found himself in a one versus one situation by the right corner flag. He turned the Kosovo defender before driving to the touchline and squaring the ball to find oncoming Nelson.
Eddie Nketiah scored a ten minute hat-trick to put England into a 3-0 lead after 61 minutes, with goals from Nelson, Borussia Dortmund’s Jude Bellingham and Tottenham Hotspur’s Ryan Sessegnon completing the rout.
Cantwell was replaced by Nelson in the 66th minute, whilst Aarons, Godfrey and Skipp all completed the 90 minutes for former City youth coach Boothroyd.
You may also want to watch:
Przemyslaw Placheta also performed well for his country earlier today, registering two assists as Poland Under-21s beat Estonia’s youngsters 6-0.
- 1 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 2 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 3 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 5 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 6 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 7 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 8 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 9 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 10 Hanley insists winning title 'means everything' to Canaries