Acle battle but Norwich City Ladies win cup semi
Norwich City Ladies 6, Acle Town Ladies 0Despite a battling performance by Acle, higher-league Norwich won this Norfolk and Suffolk County Cup semi-final.
Norwich City Ladies 6, Acle Town Ladies 0
Despite a battling performance by Acle, higher-league Norwich won this Norfolk and Suffolk County Cup semi-final.
The SE Combination side will now face old adversaries Ipswich in the final.
Norwich scorers were Kate Parsons, who hit two, Hayley Peverley, Nic Bray, Bex Burton and Paige Shorten.
You may also want to watch:
City joint manager Emma Fletcher said: “Credit must go to Acle, they competed in all areas and were very difficult to break down, especially Jo Hooper in their goal.
“They thoroughly deserved to only go into half-time only 1-0 down. I really don't want to take anything away from Acle but we were really didn't perform well today, especially in the first half, but the girls knew that and came out for the second half much stronger.
- 1 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Leverkusen are main rival for Celtic star
- 3 City not pursuing Holland winger linked as summer target
- 4 Promotion winning former City defender retires
- 5 City target Chelsea’s Scotland star Billy Gilmour
- 6 Q&A: Assessing City's Premier League prospects with Dave and Connor
- 7 No regrets just life lessons for City old boy
- 8 A-Z: Crystal Palace in limbo until they find new boss
- 9 City can cut it in the Premier League for Morris
- 10 A quiet night for Pukki as Finland fail to finish in the top two of Euro2020 group
“It is fantastic for us to reach another cup final and to face our Suffolk rivals Ipswich for the third time this season, I know the girls will be determined than ever to keep hold of the cup and once again bring it back to Norfolk.”
This Sunday, sixth-placed City travel to Ebbsfleet, who are bottom of the SE Combination table.