Acle beat hosts UEA
Acle Ladies played UEA on a wet, windy and cold afternoon at Colney Lane on Sunday.
After a 12-0 win in the earlier fixtures, it was expected the hosts would want some revenge this time out.
UEA fielded a very different looking team to the previous game and the goalkeeper was called into action early on with a shot from Jodie but the keeper dealt with it with ease.
Acle were playing some nice football but were also getting caught in possession a little too much and on a couple of occasions let the hosts in on goal but the defence and keeper did well.
It was fair to say that possession was very even but as the half-time break was approaching Jordan had a goal-bound effort brilliantly tipped over the bar by the home keeper, however from the resultant corner Acle got a bit of luck and the ball fell to Ashman who steered the ball home.
You may also want to watch:
The second half started very much the same as the first with both sides having good amounts of the ball but the hosts never really caused Acle any problems in front of goal.
Acle were having a lot of joy down both flanks and getting balls into the box at a good rate but just couldn’t convert.
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 2 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 5 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 6 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 7 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 8 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 9 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
- 10 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
The longer the game went on the longer the UEA were in the game Baker went close on two occasions but both time dragged her shot wide.
Late in the game Acle were awarded a free kick around 25 yards out, Boast hit it with power but the keeper seemed to have dealt with it only for it slip through her hands for a fortunate goal.
Final score UEA 0, Acle United Ladies 2.