Acle cause cup shock
Yarmouth Town 1, Acle 2: Acle United produced a shock in the fourth round Norfolk Senior Cup, knocking out Ridgeons League Yarmouth Town at The Wellesley.
Yarmouth Town 1, Acle 2
Acle United produced a shock in the fourth round Norfolk Senior Cup, knocking out Ridgeons League Yarmouth Town at The Wellesley.
Two Ben Morgan penalties - the second coming in the dying moments of extra-time - proved to be enough for the Anglian Combination Premier Division outfit, who had gone behind to a Dominic Smith strike just after the interval.
Morgan's first penalty made it 1-1 on 70 minutes before a handball in the Bloaters' box in extra-time allowed Morgan to step up and put Acle through in the final seconds.
You may also want to watch:
t Dereham 3, Debenham 1
Dereham Town cruised through to the third round of the Ridgeons League Cup with victory over Division One side Debenham at Aldiss Park.
- 1 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 2 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 3 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 4 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 6 City lose Giannoulis appeal; three-game ban stands
- 7 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 8 Pressure on Hornets for title-hunting City
- 9 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 10 Norwich City v Watford: everything you need to know
Nicky Howell put the Magpies ahead and Craig Terrington made it two, before Paul Atkins' classy strike ended the contest.
Debenham gained a late consolation through substitute James Heathcote two minutes from time.
t Elsewhere, Thetford Town suffered a home exit, losing 2-1 to Stowmarket.
t Holt are also through, beating Hindringham 2-0.