Acle kick off season in style
Acle Ladies 6, Coltishall 2
Acle United Ladies started the new football season on a fine-looking Bridewell Lane surface against Coltishall.
With Acle looking good and comfortable on the ball and playing some very nice football took the lead after just seven mins when Gillie scored with a fine header from a Cara Anderson corner.
Coltishall got themselves back in the game on the 20-minute mark with a superb strike from the edge of the box which beat the outstreched Holl in the Acle goal.
With good football being played by both sides Acle took the lead just minutes before half time when some neat play between Hooper and Andersson was finished off with Baker from 15 yards,
You may also want to watch:
In the second half good play from the Acle midfield and front line was a constant a threat for the Coltishall reargaurd and this showed with good goals coming from baker and two from garner, with around 20 minutes remaining Coltishall scored a decent goal when left one on one with the keeper.
This caused Acle to step up into another gear and from the re-start they sealed the game with a goal from Fusco from just inside the box.
- 1 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 4 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 5 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 6 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 7 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 'We are looking to win the next game' - Barnsley boss on Norwich FA Cup visit
- 10 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
Final score Acle 6-2 Coltishall.
A great performance by the whole squad and a great way to kick off the season.