Acle Ladies reach County Cup final
- Credit: Archant
Acle Utd Ladies 5, Stalham Town 0
ACLE entertained Stalham Town Ladies in the semi-final of the Norfolk Women’s County Cup on Sunday.
Acle started well having good amounts of possession and playing some neat football, however Stalham caused an early scare when a loose ball going through to the keeper was charged down but fell to safety.
This seemed to make sure Acle were not complacent and concentrated 100pc - after 29 minutes Acle took the lead when Shaibu out paced the left back and delivered a pin-point cross to find Ransome waiting at the far post to beat the keeper.
Just before half time Acle were unlucky not to extend their lead when a bullet header from skipper Emmerson crashed against the crossbar.
You may also want to watch:
The second half started with the energetic visiting side having a good chance to equalise but Anderson saved well, from that Acle went down the other end and after good football down the right Em found Hooper whose rasping shot beat everything except the bar.
Soon after that Ransome was put through by Thurtle and slotted the ball past keeper Meale, Ransome completed her hat-trick when Shaibu burst into the box and unselfishly squared the ball to Ransome to score with ease,
- 1 Webber believes City will be better prepared for top flight if promotion can be secured
- 2 Norwich City confirm 2,000 tickets available for next two home games
- 3 ‘We are quite annoyed’ - Coventry’s late equaliser leaves Tettey frustrated
- 4 Paddy Davitt: City player ratings against Sky Blues
- 5 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case
- 6 Aarons suffers shin injury
- 7 'Frustrating' - City fans dejected after injury crisis worsens during Coventry draw
- 8 Paddy's Pointers: Canaries 1-1 Coventry City
- 9 Late heartbreak for injury-plagued City as Biamou's late strike rescues a point for Coventry
- 10 STARTING XIs: Three changes and very young bench for injury-hit City against Coventry
Anderson was called into action again when Stalham played some neat football around Acle’s area but shot straight at Anderson, as the game was coming to a close Thurtle made it four when slotting past the on rushing keeper, Em Anderson completed the scoring with a lovely left-foot finish via the upright after being put through by Greenfield.
Credit must go to a good hard-working Stalham side, but it is Acle who march on to the final against Norwich City on April 21st.