Acle Ladies reach County Cup final
- Credit: Archant
Acle Utd Ladies 5, Stalham Town 0
ACLE entertained Stalham Town Ladies in the semi-final of the Norfolk Women’s County Cup on Sunday.
Acle started well having good amounts of possession and playing some neat football, however Stalham caused an early scare when a loose ball going through to the keeper was charged down but fell to safety.
This seemed to make sure Acle were not complacent and concentrated 100pc - after 29 minutes Acle took the lead when Shaibu out paced the left back and delivered a pin-point cross to find Ransome waiting at the far post to beat the keeper.
Just before half time Acle were unlucky not to extend their lead when a bullet header from skipper Emmerson crashed against the crossbar.
You may also want to watch:
The second half started with the energetic visiting side having a good chance to equalise but Anderson saved well, from that Acle went down the other end and after good football down the right Em found Hooper whose rasping shot beat everything except the bar.
Soon after that Ransome was put through by Thurtle and slotted the ball past keeper Meale, Ransome completed her hat-trick when Shaibu burst into the box and unselfishly squared the ball to Ransome to score with ease,
- 1 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 4 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 6 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 7 Hugill stepped up when Norwich City needed him with determined display at Cardiff
- 8 'We need to pull our weight' - City skipper relieved to end his goal drought
- 9 Watch extended highlights of Norwich City's win at Cardiff
- 10 'As good as I've seen him!' - City fans laud Cantwell performance
Anderson was called into action again when Stalham played some neat football around Acle’s area but shot straight at Anderson, as the game was coming to a close Thurtle made it four when slotting past the on rushing keeper, Em Anderson completed the scoring with a lovely left-foot finish via the upright after being put through by Greenfield.
Credit must go to a good hard-working Stalham side, but it is Acle who march on to the final against Norwich City on April 21st.