Acle Ladies win Challenge Cup
Acle Ladies won the Bungay Challenge Cup by beating Norwich City Ladies Reserves.
The Bungay Town Ladies Challenge Cup is a new floodlit charity cup, played for the first time this year in a innovative playing format of 2 rounds with 3 teams per night playing 40-minute games.
The opinion was that this made for a more exciting evening of games.
The results were Bacton Ladies 0, Bungay Town 1; Bacton Ladies 0, Acle United 4; Bungay Town 1, Acle United 2; Taverham 0, Norwich City Res 4; Taverham 1, Lowestoft Town 6; Norwich City Res 1, Lowestoft Town 0.
So the full 90-minute final was played between Acle United, the winners of the Norfolk League this year, and Norwich City Reserves, runners-up in Eastern Region Division One North.
You may also want to watch:
In a very close game in which both teams had chances to score and put in great effort on a heavy pitch, it looked like extra time was going to be needed but Acle United came through to score the only goal late on to take home the Bungay Ladies Challenge Cup.
Credit was given to referee Ian Selwood for his excellent work over the three evenings.
- 1 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 2 City striker seals Swindon loan move; Hugill injury boost
- 3 Cantwell explains why he wears different coloured boots and why City is in his DNA
- 4 'I was knocked for six' - Krul reveals difficulties of his Covid-19 recovery
- 5 City Q&A: Striker light - Your questions answered
- 6 Six things you might have missed following Norwich City's FA Cup exit at Barnsley
- 7 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 9 Di Cunningham: Why City fans are in a class of their own
- 10 Chris Goreham: The importance of Hugill and home schooling
Bungay Ladies hope to run this competition again next season.