Acle Ladies win Challenge Cup
Acle Ladies won the Bungay Challenge Cup by beating Norwich City Ladies Reserves.
The Bungay Town Ladies Challenge Cup is a new floodlit charity cup, played for the first time this year in a innovative playing format of 2 rounds with 3 teams per night playing 40-minute games.
The opinion was that this made for a more exciting evening of games.
The results were Bacton Ladies 0, Bungay Town 1; Bacton Ladies 0, Acle United 4; Bungay Town 1, Acle United 2; Taverham 0, Norwich City Res 4; Taverham 1, Lowestoft Town 6; Norwich City Res 1, Lowestoft Town 0.
So the full 90-minute final was played between Acle United, the winners of the Norfolk League this year, and Norwich City Reserves, runners-up in Eastern Region Division One North.
You may also want to watch:
In a very close game in which both teams had chances to score and put in great effort on a heavy pitch, it looked like extra time was going to be needed but Acle United came through to score the only goal late on to take home the Bungay Ladies Challenge Cup.
Credit was given to referee Ian Selwood for his excellent work over the three evenings.
- 1 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 2 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 3 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 4 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 6 City lose Giannoulis appeal; three-game ban stands
- 7 Pressure on Hornets for title-hunting City
- 8 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 9 Norwich City v Watford: everything you need to know
- 10 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
Bungay Ladies hope to run this competition again next season.