Born: Cottenham (Aug 29, 1978)
Height: 5ft, 11in.
You may also want to watch:
Weight: 11st, 7lbs.
Date signed: Mar 21, 2001
- 1 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 2 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Derby County win
- 4 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
- 5 Paddy Davitt verdict: Wazza and City's great leap forward
- 6 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 7 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 8 'We showed Norwich too much respect' - Rooney on Rams' reverse
- 9 ‘Ninety points is usually enough’ - Dowell buzzing for City’s big day
- 10 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
Signed from: Peterborough, �500,000
Contract: June 2011
City debut: v Grimsby H (Mar 31, 2001)
Former clubs: Peterborough
Season 2008/09 apps: 14 Goals: 0
Norwich City apps: 284 (joint-23rd on all-time list) Goals: 3
Peterborough (95-01): 165 starts, plus 10 as sub, 2 goals.
Total: 165 starts, plus 10 as sub, 2 goals.
Currently the club's longest-serving player. He joined the club in 2001 and swiftly made the left-back berth his own. A key member of the side that made it to the 2002 First Division play-off final, Adam was named player of the season the following year and then captained the club to the First Division title in 2003-04. He signed a new four-year contract in 2007 but has been plagued by injuries over the last two seasons.
Fans of Adam would argue that the absence of such a consistent performer from the City line-up in recent seasons has contributed to club's tumble into League One. With his injury problems hopefully behind him, Adam will be looking forward to the challenge of re-establishing himself as City's first choice left-back in 2009-10.