Born: Cottenham (Aug 29, 1978)
Height: 5ft, 11in.
Weight: 11st, 7lbs.
Date signed: Mar 21, 2001
- 1 Smith takeaways: City chief on market moves, Mumba recall and hangover talk
- 2 PRESSER: Norwich City v Huddersfield - Sorensen suffers break; Pukki x-ray
- 3 WATCH: City summer departure scores rocket for new club
- 4 David Hannant: I think we have a new Carrow Road cult hero
- 5 Smith braced for a late transfer window twist
- 6 Byram key to City's left back injury curse
- 7 Norwich grab the headlines on Premier League opening day - 30 years ago
- 8 Springett returns in City under-21s' draw with Leeds
- 9 'A kind, happy soul' - Former City stars lead tributes to former club photographer
- 10 City say under twos not allowed into "open-air areas" of Carrow Road
Signed from: Peterborough, �500,000
Contract: June 2011
City debut: v Grimsby H (Mar 31, 2001)
Former clubs: Peterborough
Season 2008/09 apps: 14 Goals: 0
Norwich City apps: 284 (joint-23rd on all-time list) Goals: 3
Peterborough (95-01): 165 starts, plus 10 as sub, 2 goals.
Total: 165 starts, plus 10 as sub, 2 goals.
Currently the club's longest-serving player. He joined the club in 2001 and swiftly made the left-back berth his own. A key member of the side that made it to the 2002 First Division play-off final, Adam was named player of the season the following year and then captained the club to the First Division title in 2003-04. He signed a new four-year contract in 2007 but has been plagued by injuries over the last two seasons.
Fans of Adam would argue that the absence of such a consistent performer from the City line-up in recent seasons has contributed to club's tumble into League One. With his injury problems hopefully behind him, Adam will be looking forward to the challenge of re-establishing himself as City's first choice left-back in 2009-10.