Born: Cottenham (Aug 29, 1978)
Height: 5ft, 11in.
You may also want to watch:
Weight: 11st, 7lbs.
Date signed: Mar 21, 2001
- 1 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 2 City striker seals Swindon loan move; Hugill injury boost
- 3 Cantwell explains why he wears different coloured boots and why City is in his DNA
- 4 'I was knocked for six' - Krul reveals difficulties of his Covid-19 recovery
- 5 City Q&A: Striker light - Your questions answered
- 6 Six things you might have missed following Norwich City's FA Cup exit at Barnsley
- 7 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 9 Di Cunningham: Why City fans are in a class of their own
- 10 Chris Goreham: The importance of Hugill and home schooling
Signed from: Peterborough, �500,000
Contract: June 2011
City debut: v Grimsby H (Mar 31, 2001)
Former clubs: Peterborough
Season 2008/09 apps: 14 Goals: 0
Norwich City apps: 284 (joint-23rd on all-time list) Goals: 3
Peterborough (95-01): 165 starts, plus 10 as sub, 2 goals.
Total: 165 starts, plus 10 as sub, 2 goals.
Currently the club's longest-serving player. He joined the club in 2001 and swiftly made the left-back berth his own. A key member of the side that made it to the 2002 First Division play-off final, Adam was named player of the season the following year and then captained the club to the First Division title in 2003-04. He signed a new four-year contract in 2007 but has been plagued by injuries over the last two seasons.
Fans of Adam would argue that the absence of such a consistent performer from the City line-up in recent seasons has contributed to club's tumble into League One. With his injury problems hopefully behind him, Adam will be looking forward to the challenge of re-establishing himself as City's first choice left-back in 2009-10.