‘Seriously impressive’ – Norwich City and Ireland fans united in excitement about Idah’s future
- Credit: Michael Sedgwick/Focus Images Lt
Supporters of Norwich City and the Republic of Ireland have united in their excitement about Adam Idah’s future, after the striker’s landmark hat-trick against Preston in the FA Cup.
The 18-year-old's treble at Deepdale not only inspired the Canaries to a 4-2 win in the third round but also made him the youngest ever hat-trick hero in the club's history.
The Republic of Ireland Under-21 international helped earn a first FA Cup victory in seven years for City, on just his second senior starts, four days after making his Premier League debut as a late substitute during a 1-1 home draw with Crystal Palace.
Idah was signed from College Corinthians in 2017 and was prolific at youth levels, playing a pivotal role as the U18s reached the FA Youth Cup quarter-finals in his first season.
He has also been irrepressible at youth levels for Ireland, with five goals in 11 games at U21 level building on impressive returns at younger age groups that saw him rise swiftly through the ranks.
You may also want to watch:
- Take a look at some of the best of the social media reaction above and below
- 1 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 4 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 6 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 7 Hugill stepped up when Norwich City needed him with determined display at Cardiff
- 8 'We need to pull our weight' - City skipper relieved to end his goal drought
- 9 Watch extended highlights of Norwich City's win at Cardiff
- 10 'As good as I've seen him!' - City fans laud Cantwell performance