Why Norwich City striker Adam Idah and hat-tricks are a match made in heaven
- Credit: Michael Sedgwick/Focus Images Ltd
Put a ball at Adam Idah’s feet and he’ll score a hat-trick.
Apparently it doesn't matter which sport it is either with the young Irishman showing from an early age the kind of eye for goal that helped Norwich City into the fourth round of the FA Cup on Saturday.
Idah's journey to leading the Canaries' frontline was helped along the way by playing Gaelic football with the then 11-year-old scoring a hat-trick for his primary school, Scoil Nioclais, to help them to the DF1 title against Castlelyons .
Idah is described as performing a "super finish" for his first and a "brilliant individual goal" for his second. However, it appears he left his best for last with an "out-of-this-world" strike to complete his hat-trick.
Idah has made a habit of scoring hat-tricks in his fledgling career, scoring a treble shortly after joining the Canaries from College Corinthians in 2017 in the 4-1 win over Barnsley in the FA Youth Cup in that year.
MORE: How hat-tricks have been crucial to Idah's developmentThis put him firmly on City's radar as a potential star of the future and he netted another hat-trick in an U18 Development game against Tottenham in a 5-2 win in 2018.
You may also want to watch:
He was promoted to head coach Daniel Farke's senior squad last summer and despite a difficult first team debut at Crawley in the League Cup he took his chance in the FA Cup on Saturday with an impressive treble against Preston.
Having originally earmarked Idah for a loan spell in the second half of the season his short term future could remain at Carrow Road now especially with rumours surrounding Dennis Srbeny's future and injury problems for Josip Drmic.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries beaten by Barnsley in FA Cup
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 3 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 4 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 5 Rupp set for FA Cup recall
- 6 Robin Sainty: Farke has taken City to a whole new level
- 7 Ton up Tim is wonderful for Farke
- 8 STARTING XIs: Hernandez starts as City make five changes for FA Cup tie
- 9 Barnsley v Norwich City in the FA Cup - all you need to know
- 10 Energetic Barnsley dump disjointed Norwich side out of the FA Cup
Idah now suddenly appears to be Teemu Pukki's understudy and could be lining up against Manchester United at Old Trafford this weekend if the Finn can't shake hamstring/toe problems.