City youngster joins Soto in training with SC Telstar
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City youngster Daniel Adshead has joined Sebastian Soto at a training camp with Dutch side SC Telstar as the Canaries look to secure loan moves for the pair.
The 18-year-old joined the Canaries from League One side Rochdale last season and played predominantly for the club’s under-23s - although he was included on the bench for the final game of the Premier League season against Manchester City.
The midfielder played 11 games for Rochdale prior to his move to Carrow Road and will be hoping to catch the eye during his trial period and secure a loan move to the Netherlands.
Adshead is an England under-19s international and played 16 times in the league for the Canaries under-23s, scoring once.
He will join City new boy Soto at Telstar but their boss Andries Jonker confirmed that the club were yet to make a decision on whether the American striker would join the Dutch side on a temporary basis ahead of the upcoming season.
You may also want to watch:
“I hear all kinds of wild stories, but we haven’t made a decision about him yet. I don’t know if there is also interest from other clubs. I have nothing to do with that either. That is up to him. We will make a decision later this week,” Jonker told Dutch outlet Noordhollands Dagblad.
Adshead’s arrival at the Rabobank IJmond Stadion is further evidence of the strengthening relationship between the clubs. City midfielder Charlie Gilmour spent last season on loan with Telstar.
- 1 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 2 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 3 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City
- 5 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
- 6 Hot Hugill caps a season's best display for City boss
- 7 'Great header' - Hugill's goal earns seal of approval from Holt
- 8 Hugill thrilled with brace and determined to help keep City on track
- 9 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 10 Hugill brace ensures superb City beat Bristol
Todd Cantwell also benefitted from a spell in the Netherlands - his loan with Fortuna Sittard helped his development from City’s academy to their first-team prior to becoming a top-flight regular last season.
Telstar play Quick Boys in Katwijk on Saturday, with both Soto and Adshead hoping to get some much-needed minutes into their legs.