After Richard Money’s departure from Norwich City could Stuart Webber turn to a familiar face as his replacement?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Could Norwich City be about to add another Huddersfield Town link to their senior posts?
The departure of Richard Money on Tuesday leaves the role of Academy Manager vacant – but with Steve Weaver having left the same position at Huddersfield earlier this month, a replacement would be readily available.
Weaver is well-known to Norwich’s sporting director Stuart Webber – they were together at Wrexham, Wolves and Huddersfield, before Webber moved to Carrow Road in April.
Weaver joined Huddersfield in May last year, replacing Mark Lillis. He spent 20 years at Wrexham, where injury curtailed his playing career.
Money left City by mutual consent, having joined in January. He is a former manager of Walsall and Cambridge United and said that his appetite to return to a club hot-seat has been rekindled.
You may also want to watch:
Webber said: “We would like to place on record our sincere thanks to Richard for his time at the Club and wish him well as he explores new challenges in the game.”
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 2 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 3 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 6 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 7 City lose Giannoulis appeal; three-game ban stands
- 8 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 9 Norwich City v Watford: everything you need to know
- 10 City miss chance to secure title in Watford defeat