After Richard Money’s departure from Norwich City could Stuart Webber turn to a familiar face as his replacement?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Could Norwich City be about to add another Huddersfield Town link to their senior posts?
The departure of Richard Money on Tuesday leaves the role of Academy Manager vacant – but with Steve Weaver having left the same position at Huddersfield earlier this month, a replacement would be readily available.
Weaver is well-known to Norwich’s sporting director Stuart Webber – they were together at Wrexham, Wolves and Huddersfield, before Webber moved to Carrow Road in April.
Weaver joined Huddersfield in May last year, replacing Mark Lillis. He spent 20 years at Wrexham, where injury curtailed his playing career.
Money left City by mutual consent, having joined in January. He is a former manager of Walsall and Cambridge United and said that his appetite to return to a club hot-seat has been rekindled.
You may also want to watch:
Webber said: “We would like to place on record our sincere thanks to Richard for his time at the Club and wish him well as he explores new challenges in the game.”
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 2 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 3 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 4 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 5 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 6 Bullish Robins' boss pledges to mix it with Canaries
- 7 Cherries lose more ground on Canaries in promotion race
- 8 'Our own Heracles at left-back' - City fans delighted as Giannoulis completes loan move
- 9 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 10 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper