“Amazing result, can we start believing?” – Norwich City fans thrilled to see unbeaten run extended by fantastic win at Middlesbrough
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
The Daniel Farke era at Norwich City well and truly has lift off, after a superb win at promotion hopefuls Middlesbrough.
Battling their way to a third successive away victory in all competitions, winning 1-0 at the Riverside thanks to a James Maddison stunner extended a rejuvenating unbeaten run to six matches.
The Canaries got the all important goal in the 13th minute after Marley Watkins worked hard to keep alive James Husband’s ball forward and passed infield to Maddison, who shaped a wonderful shot into the top-right corner from 20 yards.
Britt Assombalonga missed several opportunities to trouble Angus Gunn, none more so than when heading straight at the keeper in the 72nd minute after Cyrus Christie had picked him out with a fine cross, with Christoph Zimmermann having cleared a header from the striker off the line in the first half as well.
City then survived a nervy finish to keep a fifth league clean sheet in a row, their first at Boro since April 1976 and a first win on Teesside since 1988.
You may also want to watch:
Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 5 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 6 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 7 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 8 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 9 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success
- 10 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief