Ampleford hat-trick rescues Norwich Trafford
League Cup holders Norwich Trafford survived an early scare in this season’s first of the League Cup as they squeezed home 7-5 after extra-time against Sole Bay.
Scott Ampleford grabbed a hat-trick, while Jason Downing got a brace and Josh Barzey and Chris Hitchings were on target.
Chris Baggott grabbed four and one from Shawn Prior were the marksmen for the losers.
Newcomers Caister continued their good start to the campaign beating Division Two side Kirkley & Pakefield Res 4-1 at home. Scorers were Richard Fruin with a couple, Neil Bowman and Martin Jacobs. Shawn Miller replied for the visitors.
Great Yarmouth side Kings Arms Crusaders had a comfortable 7-2 success at Deep Ocean from the fourth division. Last season’s top scorer Stevie Smith led the way with four with Kevin Johnson, Jason Pollard and Martin Woolsey netting one each.
You may also want to watch:
In Division Three, Kings Head Loddon beat Norwich club The Griffin, who are two rungs up the ladder, 4-2 at home. Micky Breeze notched a hat-trick with Adrian Battisson netting the other with Richard Nicholls and Ian Whalebelly replying. Scole beat Ipswich Park 4-2 at home with the goals shared between Ian Constance, Mark Noble, Anthony Payne and Graham Ruddock.
Taverham got home by the odd goal of five against Lowestoft outfit White Horse Seltic. On target were Andy Layden, Mark Swaby and Steve Walker. Division Four side Thetford Sports & Social Club defeated Division Two Mulbarton visitors 4-3. Ron Lott with a brace, Karl Richardson and an own goal were on target for the West Norfolk side with Danny Hill, Noel Kay and Dean Parfitt replying.
- 1 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 7-0 mauling at Chelsea
- 3 NCFC LIVE: Canaries thrashed 7-0 at Chelsea
- 4 'Embarrassing' - Farke on woeful 7-0 City rout at Chelsea
- 5 Farke on Cantwell Chelsea absence
- 6 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' abject 7-0 Chelsea defeat
- 7 ‘Men against boys’ - Pundits batter City for awful effort at Chelsea
- 8 CHELSEA 7 CANARIES 0 - Key moments, ratings and stats
- 9 ‘Too easy’ - Hanley apologises to City fans for implosion at Chelsea
- 10 Cantwell on target in City U23s win
Dave Riglar notched a hat-trick in Hellesdon’s 4-1 away win at Watton Utd Res. Darren Cletheroe scored the other with Steve Parkin netting for the West Norfolk side.
Last season’s leading scorer, Stuart Herd, grabbed all three for first division Horsford in their home win over Division Three outfit Harleston OB.