Ampleford hat-trick rescues Norwich Trafford
League Cup holders Norwich Trafford survived an early scare in this season’s first of the League Cup as they squeezed home 7-5 after extra-time against Sole Bay.
Scott Ampleford grabbed a hat-trick, while Jason Downing got a brace and Josh Barzey and Chris Hitchings were on target.
Chris Baggott grabbed four and one from Shawn Prior were the marksmen for the losers.
Newcomers Caister continued their good start to the campaign beating Division Two side Kirkley & Pakefield Res 4-1 at home. Scorers were Richard Fruin with a couple, Neil Bowman and Martin Jacobs. Shawn Miller replied for the visitors.
Great Yarmouth side Kings Arms Crusaders had a comfortable 7-2 success at Deep Ocean from the fourth division. Last season’s top scorer Stevie Smith led the way with four with Kevin Johnson, Jason Pollard and Martin Woolsey netting one each.
You may also want to watch:
In Division Three, Kings Head Loddon beat Norwich club The Griffin, who are two rungs up the ladder, 4-2 at home. Micky Breeze notched a hat-trick with Adrian Battisson netting the other with Richard Nicholls and Ian Whalebelly replying. Scole beat Ipswich Park 4-2 at home with the goals shared between Ian Constance, Mark Noble, Anthony Payne and Graham Ruddock.
Taverham got home by the odd goal of five against Lowestoft outfit White Horse Seltic. On target were Andy Layden, Mark Swaby and Steve Walker. Division Four side Thetford Sports & Social Club defeated Division Two Mulbarton visitors 4-3. Ron Lott with a brace, Karl Richardson and an own goal were on target for the West Norfolk side with Danny Hill, Noel Kay and Dean Parfitt replying.
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 2 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 4 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 6 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 7 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 8 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 9 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
- 10 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
Dave Riglar notched a hat-trick in Hellesdon’s 4-1 away win at Watton Utd Res. Darren Cletheroe scored the other with Steve Parkin netting for the West Norfolk side.
Last season’s leading scorer, Stuart Herd, grabbed all three for first division Horsford in their home win over Division Three outfit Harleston OB.