“And it’s Jamie Cureton again!” - Norwich City hero’s amazing scoring feat
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2009
Norwich City legend Jamie Cureton has set a stunning personal goal scoring record.
The 42-year-old striker scored twice for his latest club, Farnborough Town in their 4-2 win at Gosport Borough on Tuesday night.
Farnborough play in the Southern Premier League – the same as King’s Lynn Town - and it means the veteran hit man has now played and scored in the top eight divisions in English football.
Cureton tweeted: “Good 4-2 win last night got my first 2 goals of the season which means I’ve now played and scored in the top 8 division @FarnboroughFC.”
Cureton had two spells with Norwich, where he started his career in 1994, playing for the Canaries in the Premier League, the Championship and League One. He went on to play for Exeter and Dagenham & Redbridge in League Two. Last season alone he appeared for Farnborough in the Southern League Division One Central, for Eastleigh in the National League and St Albans in National League South, taking his tally to seven - before Tuesday’s night game.
You may also want to watch:
”I’d love to be playing high but age gets to you a bit and I decided to drop down and keep going as long as possible,” he said in an interview with Talksport on Thursday.
“I spoke to a lot of friends who have retired and stuff and they have all said, play as long as possible. As long as I can still keep going I will. I get the same buzz. I keep running around trying to do myself justice.
- 1 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
- 2 City keeper issues injury update
- 3 City Q&A recap: What does Giannoulis signing mean for Quintilla?
- 4 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 5 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 6 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 7 Canaries captain hails 'outstanding' display from Hugill
- 8 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 9 Young City winger completes permanent Harrogate Town move
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
“People think you find it easier, but you need to play in a good team as well. If you drop down and you’re not surrounded by good players, what I base my game on you might as well quit.”
Cureton’s clubs: Norwich City, Bournemouth (loan), Bristol Rovers (loan and permanent), Reading, Busan Icons (South Korea), QPR, Swindon, Colchester (loan and permanent), Norwich City, Barnsley (loan), Shrewsbury (loan), Exeter, Leyton Orient, Exeter (loan and permanent), Cheltenham, Dagenham & Redbridge, Farnborough, Eastleigh, Farnborough, St Albans, Farnborough.