Anglian Combination round-up
Acle United failed to take advantage of leaders Sheringham's free weekend, after failing to beat basement boys Holt United. Holt had taken a shock second half lead when Toby Blowers turned his marker before scoring a sensational goal from 30 yards.
Acle United failed to take advantage of leaders Sheringham's free weekend, after failing to beat basement boys Holt United.
Holt had taken a shock second half lead when Toby Blowers turned his marker before scoring a sensational goal from 30 yards.
But with 15 minutes remaining, the home side were awarded a penalty that James Foreman stepped up to convert.
Cromer Town kept their faint title hopes alive with a 2-0 win over North Walsham Town.
You may also want to watch:
Tom Davies put the Crabs ahead before Darren Terrington made the points safe with only minutes left.
Blofield still have games in hand on the teams above them, and they helped their cause with a terrific 2-0 win over Hempnall.
- 1 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 2 "He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed with Norwich
- 3 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 4 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 5 City keeper issues injury update
- 6 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 7 Canaries captain hails 'outstanding' display from Hugill
- 8 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 9 City Q&A recap: What does Giannoulis signing mean for Quintilla?
- 10 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
Gareth Downs had the simplest of tap-ins to open the scoring, and Ross Durrant's superb volley settled matters late on.
Loddon were 4-1 winners at Dersingham, despite Adam Seal's effort, while Wroxham Reserves and Beccles Town played out a 1-1 draw.
In Division One, St Andrews march to promotion continued with a 3-0 win over Attleborough Town; Alex Taylor, Daniel Barraclough and James Tracey on target.
A Chris Hall hat-trick and Craig Clarke's goal helped Mattishall to a 4-0 win against Stalham, lifting them above Bungay Town who drew 1-1 at Wells Town. Horsford had a 2-0 win at Scole United, while Wymondham won 2-1 at Corton.