Another bit of history for the Norwich CBS new boys
- Credit: Archant
Norwich CBS aren’t taking long in writing entries into the new club’s history book.
The city side – formed when Spixworth won promotion from the Anglian Combination League last season and moved base to the FDC in Bowthorpe – go into the hat for Monday’s FA Vase first round proper draw after a big 3-0 win at Wroxham.
Wroxham dominated the early stages, but on 23 minutes Matthew Doyle pounced on a Wroxham mistake and neatly chipped over the stranded keeper to make it 1-0.
Another defensive error lead to a second goal, when confusion left Doyle in on goal and the ball finally fell to Jordan Attree to slot home against his old club.
The game evened itself out with both keepers called into action, but the CBS defence remained solid as the tie was sealed seven minutes from time when Daniel Barraclough scored from the spot after James Page was barged out of the way in the box.
You may also want to watch:
CBS will be joined in the hat by Thetford Town and Great Yarmouth Town, although the Bloaters face a replay after drawing 1-1 at home with Debenham LC. Thetford went through on a bye after scheduled visitors Oakham United were unable to raise a team.
Yarmouth got off to a flying start – with just 45 seconds on the clock Joel Glover won a header and found Aaron Sanders in space and he applied his customary quality finish with a fine shot.
- 1 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 7-0 Huddersfield hammering
- 2 'An amazing time' - Pukki thrilled to enter City's top 10
- 3 The facts and figures of Norwich City’s epic 7-0 triumph
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 7-0 Championship rout against Huddersfield
- 5 'Perfect night; unbelievable' - Canaries players savour special 7-0 success
- 6 'Thank you, Norwich City' - Canaries fans in dreamland after Terriers thrashing
- 7 Promotion nears for Norwich City – but will fans be able to celebrate?
- 8 Watch highlights of Norwich City's 7-0 thrashing of Huddersfield
- 9 'It was ok. Wasn't it?' - Jovial Farke on City's 7-0 demolition
- 10 Hanley full of pride after reaching City milestone during special win
But with a minute of normal time left Alex Stillinger gave the visitors a deserved equaliser, and 30 minutes of extra-time couldn’t separate the teams.
Wisbech St Mary went through after a 3-1 win at Wellingborough Whitworths, but Kirkley & Pakefield went down 3-2 at home to Burnham Ramblers.
Vireilio Leitao scored two in two minutes for Diss but it wasn’t enough to prevent a 3-2 defeat at home to Framlingham Town.
Swaffham Town went down 5-4 at home to Rushden & Higham United after extra-time, particularly disappointing as the Pedlars were 3-1 up at one stage – their goals came from Ryan Pearson and Alex Vincent, who bagged two apiece.