Another close game for Bungay
Bungay Town Ladies once again lost by a single goal margin.
This time it was 2-1 to a Cambridge Womens team whose phyisical game proved just to strong for the young Bungay team.
In a game of few clear chances Cambridge scored early when yet again Bungay failed to clear a set piece at the first attempt and left a Cambridge player to score from close range, when Bungay did build attacks they found the Cambridge keeper in good form as she saved well from Imogen Williams and Emily Leach.
In the second half with again Bungay having the bulk of the play they soon went close as for once Michelle Stanborough got clear of her marker to shoot against the crossbar and from the following play Emily Leach shot home accross the keeper and in off the far post.
But as usual with the Bungay Ladies with players pushing forward to try to win the game a quick break from Cambridge found its way through for them to score, so disapointment again for the ladies as they lost in a good game which they more than deserved something from.
You may also want to watch:
POM: Annie Piper.
- 1 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 2 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 4 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 5 Farke braced for summer of speculation amid Frankfurt links
- 6 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 7 'Bring it on', says Bournemouth boss
- 8 City’s big chance to prove there is ‘one team that stands out’
- 9 How Trent and Walker are shaping City star's progression
- 10 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss