City striker off the mark as he bids to make trial impact with Chesterfield
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Young Norwich City striker Anthony Spyrou got off the mark as he bids to impress National League Chesterfield.
The 19-year-old Colney academy product levelled matters at Matlock Town on 14 minutes, getting on the end Jay Sheridan's corner - setting the Spireites on their way to a 2-1 pre-season victory.
With Chesterfield's first-team beating Hallam 24 hours earlier, Spyrou featured in a youthful side on Tuesday evening that featured a further three triallists.
Spyrou is entering the final year of his first professional deal with City and spent the second half of last season at National League play-off quarter-finalists Wrexham, where he made three appearances.
Both Adam Idah and Spyrou have made an impact for the Canaries' Under-23s squad in recent seasons, with Idah now promoted to Daniel Farke's first-team set-up and Spyrou now hoping to secure senior football on loan for the season ahead.
You may also want to watch:
Spyrou's next chance to impress could come when John Sheridan's Chesterfield return to pre-season action on Saturday, at home to Paul Warne's Rotherham United.
- For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Michael Bailey on the following channels…
- 1 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 3 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 4 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 5 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 6 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 7 'Bring it on', says Bournemouth boss
- 8 Former City coach leaves England U21 post
- 9 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 10 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims