City striker off the mark as he bids to make trial impact with Chesterfield
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Young Norwich City striker Anthony Spyrou got off the mark as he bids to impress National League Chesterfield.
The 19-year-old Colney academy product levelled matters at Matlock Town on 14 minutes, getting on the end Jay Sheridan's corner - setting the Spireites on their way to a 2-1 pre-season victory.
With Chesterfield's first-team beating Hallam 24 hours earlier, Spyrou featured in a youthful side on Tuesday evening that featured a further three triallists.
Spyrou is entering the final year of his first professional deal with City and spent the second half of last season at National League play-off quarter-finalists Wrexham, where he made three appearances.
Both Adam Idah and Spyrou have made an impact for the Canaries' Under-23s squad in recent seasons, with Idah now promoted to Daniel Farke's first-team set-up and Spyrou now hoping to secure senior football on loan for the season ahead.
You may also want to watch:
Spyrou's next chance to impress could come when John Sheridan's Chesterfield return to pre-season action on Saturday, at home to Paul Warne's Rotherham United.
- For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Michael Bailey on the following channels…
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 2 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 3 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 4 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 5 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 6 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 7 Bullish Robins' boss pledges to mix it with Canaries
- 8 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 9 'Our own Heracles at left-back' - City fans delighted as Giannoulis completes loan move
- 10 City keeper issues injury update