Anything is still possible for Norwich City, as Alex Pritchard reaffirms his faith in the Canaries’ bid for EFL Championship promotion back to the Premier League
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City’s dismal late autumn saw them drop out of the Championship top six – but Alex Pritchard is sure there’s everything still to play for this season.
The Canaries were top of the table little more than seven weeks ago but despite ending their five-game losing streak at the weekend, still find themselves nine points off the automatic promotion spots filled by Brighton and leaders Newcastle United.
“There were teams that were going to get away and you could see that with Newcastle and Brighton,” admitted Pritchard.
“But we are still in the mix. There’s no need to worry about it, and we’ll fight all the way to the end.
“Football is a funny game. You never know what could happen. I don’t know if we can still finish in the top two, and you take every game at once – so if people slip up and you get some wins on the bounce, you really never know what could happen.”
You may also want to watch:
While victory over Brentford at Carrow Road snapped the free fall, all at City will know they now need to follow it up with a positive result at newly promoted Barnsley – and after getting the nod as City’s starting number 10, Pritchard hopes he will keep the berth.
Pritchard added: “How many did we win in a row at the start? We can do it again. I know we’ve lost a few on the bounce but that’s football and we’ve broken that run now, so hopefully we can go to Barnsley and get another good result.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Krul out three weeks; Pukki out this weekend
- 2 Get behind McGovern urges Farke
- 3 STARTING XIs: Three changes and very young bench for injury-hit City against Coventry
- 4 Matchday Recap: City top and unbeaten in 10 after draw with Coventry
- 5 Late heartbreak for injury-plagued City as Biamou's late strike rescues a point for Coventry
- 6 Paddy's Pointers: Canaries 1-1 Coventry City
- 7 Aarons suffers shin injury
- 8 'Frustrating' - City fans dejected after injury crisis worsens during Coventry draw
- 9 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case
- 10 Paddy Davitt: City player ratings against Sky Blues
“It would be nice (to stay in that role), but it’s up to the gaffer isn’t it? For every player it’s frustrating if you’re not playing.
“So to get a chance, I had to take it with both hands and I think I did that, so now we’ll see.”