30 of the best images from Norwich City’s heart-breaking cup defeat at Arsenal
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
It may have been a cruel end to the night as Norwich City were denied a giant-killing win at Arsenal but 8,800 travelling fans still made the most of a memorable night in north London.
Josh Murphy’s superb chip midway through the first half looked set to shock the Premier League giants and send Daniel Farke’s in-form team into the Carabao Cup quarter-finals, only for teen striker Eddie Nketiah to score twice and snatch the win in extra-time.
It brought an end to a nine-match unbeaten run for the Canaries following on just two days after Sunday’s 1-0 derby victory at Ipswich.
There was still a defiant air to the game’s end though, as the biggest travelling Canaries support since Wembley in May 2015 – and the biggest ever for an evening game – showed their appreciation for the efforts of their players.
Attentions now return to league action, with home games against Derby County and Wolverhampton Wanderers approaching on Saturday and Tuesday.
You may also want to watch:
• Keep scrolling down to see some of the best images from the match
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Huge goals for Hugill as City create daylight at the top
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City
- 3 Farke maps out his risk averse strategy on Pukki and Krul
- 4 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 5 Cherries lose more ground on Canaries in promotion race
- 6 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 7 Hot Hugill caps a season's best display for City boss
- 8 STARTING XIs: Krul returns for Canaries against Bristol City
- 9 Farke is not looking over his shoulder at City
- 10 Hugill brace ensures superb City beat Bristol