30 of the best images from Norwich City’s heart-breaking cup defeat at Arsenal
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
It may have been a cruel end to the night as Norwich City were denied a giant-killing win at Arsenal but 8,800 travelling fans still made the most of a memorable night in north London.
Josh Murphy’s superb chip midway through the first half looked set to shock the Premier League giants and send Daniel Farke’s in-form team into the Carabao Cup quarter-finals, only for teen striker Eddie Nketiah to score twice and snatch the win in extra-time.
It brought an end to a nine-match unbeaten run for the Canaries following on just two days after Sunday’s 1-0 derby victory at Ipswich.
There was still a defiant air to the game’s end though, as the biggest travelling Canaries support since Wembley in May 2015 – and the biggest ever for an evening game – showed their appreciation for the efforts of their players.
Attentions now return to league action, with home games against Derby County and Wolverhampton Wanderers approaching on Saturday and Tuesday.
You may also want to watch:
• Keep scrolling down to see some of the best images from the match
- 1 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 2 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 3 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 4 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 5 Dowell pledge from City boss
- 6 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 7 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 8 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 9 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
- 10 Farke's fledglings: How City chief moulded the next generation for Canaries