Watch highlights of Norwich City’s agonising Carabao Cup defeat at Arsenal
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
The pain of last night’s dramatic defeat to Premier League giants Arsenal has given way to pride for Norwich City supporters today – and now you can re-live the Canaries’ valiant efforts.
Josh Murphy’s chip in the 34th minute had Daniel Farke’s team on course for a famous success at the Emirates Stadium, only for a place in the Carabao Cup quarter-finals to be snatched away late on.
Arsenal brought on young striker Eddie Nketiah and barely 15 seconds later the 18-year-old had prodded home from a corner to equalise in the 85th minute.
That took the fourth round tie to extra-time and Nketiah then rose high to head the Gunners in front six minutes into the first half of extra-time and disappoint the huge travelling support of 8,800 Canaries fans.
Coming just two days after Sunday’s 1-0 derby victory at Ipswich, it was a gruelling evening for Farke’s team and the away supporters made their appreciation of the players’ efforts clear with a rousing reception at full-time.
You may also want to watch:
• Watch highlights of the game, as well as our video coverage of the match, above
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 4 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 5 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 6 February fixture changes for Canaries
- 7 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 10 Morris hopes to have found a 'home' after leaving Norwich City for Barnsley