Watch highlights of Norwich City’s agonising Carabao Cup defeat at Arsenal
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
The pain of last night’s dramatic defeat to Premier League giants Arsenal has given way to pride for Norwich City supporters today – and now you can re-live the Canaries’ valiant efforts.
Josh Murphy’s chip in the 34th minute had Daniel Farke’s team on course for a famous success at the Emirates Stadium, only for a place in the Carabao Cup quarter-finals to be snatched away late on.
Arsenal brought on young striker Eddie Nketiah and barely 15 seconds later the 18-year-old had prodded home from a corner to equalise in the 85th minute.
That took the fourth round tie to extra-time and Nketiah then rose high to head the Gunners in front six minutes into the first half of extra-time and disappoint the huge travelling support of 8,800 Canaries fans.
Coming just two days after Sunday’s 1-0 derby victory at Ipswich, it was a gruelling evening for Farke’s team and the away supporters made their appreciation of the players’ efforts clear with a rousing reception at full-time.
You may also want to watch:
• Watch highlights of the game, as well as our video coverage of the match, above
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 4 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 5 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 6 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 7 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work
- 10 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies