Rate the efforts of City’s players during valiant cup effort at Arsenal
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Teenage striker Eddie Nkeitah broke Norwich City hearts at the Emirates tonight but there was still plenty to be proud of for Canaries fans.
It was so nearly a famous giant-killing for City at Arsenal – and here’s your chance to rate the efforts of the Canaries players.
Josh Murphy’s chip midway through the first half looked set to shock the Premier League side and send Daniel Farke’s team into the Carabao Cup quarter-finals.
Just short of 9,000 travelling fans were enjoying a memorable night, only to see the Gunners rally and overwhelm the visitors late on.
Nketiah had just been brought on by Arsene Wenger and was in the right place to prod home from close range after Francis Coquelin flicked on a Theo Walcott corner in the 85th minute.
You may also want to watch:
The hosts still needed extra-time though, Nketiah powering home a header from another Walcott corner in the sixth minute of extra-time and deny the Canaries a special triumph.
• Let us know your ratings above
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries make bid for Peterborough ace
- 2 Could Canaries benefit from Chelsea appointing Tuchel?
- 3 Former Arsenal and Norwich midfielder set to sign for Saints
- 4 Paddy Davitt: City's bold call and the status quo
- 5 Arsenal end chase in City star with Real Madrid signing
- 6 'There isn't one team that stands out' - Bees' boss on promotion fight
- 7 Boro set to sign Premier League forward ahead of Norwich trip
- 8 'He came crying' - Former coach details Giannoulis left-back conversion
- 9 Connor Southwell: Sorting Todd’s contract is City’s next big mission
- 10 The story of Alex Neil and Jordan Hugill's trainers