Rate the efforts of City’s players during valiant cup effort at Arsenal
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Teenage striker Eddie Nkeitah broke Norwich City hearts at the Emirates tonight but there was still plenty to be proud of for Canaries fans.
It was so nearly a famous giant-killing for City at Arsenal – and here’s your chance to rate the efforts of the Canaries players.
Josh Murphy’s chip midway through the first half looked set to shock the Premier League side and send Daniel Farke’s team into the Carabao Cup quarter-finals.
Just short of 9,000 travelling fans were enjoying a memorable night, only to see the Gunners rally and overwhelm the visitors late on.
Nketiah had just been brought on by Arsene Wenger and was in the right place to prod home from close range after Francis Coquelin flicked on a Theo Walcott corner in the 85th minute.
You may also want to watch:
The hosts still needed extra-time though, Nketiah powering home a header from another Walcott corner in the sixth minute of extra-time and deny the Canaries a special triumph.
• Let us know your ratings above
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 4 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 5 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 6 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 7 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 8 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 9 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 10 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work