Arsenal and Spurs linked with Norwich keeper
Michael Bailey A spanner could be thrown into Norwich City's League One promotion push after Arsenal and Tottenham were linked with a January move for Fraser Forster.
Paul Lambert says on-loan goalkeeper Fraser Forster will remain at Carrow Road until the end of the season, despite speculation linking him with a move to the Premier League.
Arsenal and Tottenham have both been linked with the highly-rated 21-year-old, who has made 21 appearances for City since joining on loan from Newcastle in August, making his debut in Lambert's first away game, the 2-0 win at Hartlepool.
Lambert can ill afford to lose one of the backbones of his team, especially as his back-up is untested teenagers Declan Rudd, currently sidelined by a knee injury, and Jed Steer, with Michael Theoklitos clearly not in his plans.
You may also want to watch:
But Lambert says there is no need to worry.
“We have got him to the end of the season, so I am led to believe, so it doesn't affect us, but he is playing terrific for us,” he said.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 4 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 5 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 6 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 7 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work
- 10 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
“I'm not surprised (by speculation) by the way he's playing.”
“It might matter to Newcastle, but they are a massive club themselves.”