Arsenal and Spurs linked with Norwich keeper
Michael Bailey A spanner could be thrown into Norwich City's League One promotion push after Arsenal and Tottenham were linked with a January move for Fraser Forster.
Paul Lambert says on-loan goalkeeper Fraser Forster will remain at Carrow Road until the end of the season, despite speculation linking him with a move to the Premier League.
Arsenal and Tottenham have both been linked with the highly-rated 21-year-old, who has made 21 appearances for City since joining on loan from Newcastle in August, making his debut in Lambert's first away game, the 2-0 win at Hartlepool.
Lambert can ill afford to lose one of the backbones of his team, especially as his back-up is untested teenagers Declan Rudd, currently sidelined by a knee injury, and Jed Steer, with Michael Theoklitos clearly not in his plans.
You may also want to watch:
But Lambert says there is no need to worry.
“We have got him to the end of the season, so I am led to believe, so it doesn't affect us, but he is playing terrific for us,” he said.
- 1 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 0-0 draw against Brighton
- 2 'A gem. A manager's dream' - Onel in Warnock's good books
- 3 Paddy Davitt verdict: Farke and his roll of the dice at City
- 4 City earn respect from Seagulls' chief Potter
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 0-0 draw against Brighton
- 6 'Josh is the most disappointed guy in the dressing room' - Farke on fluffed chance
- 7 Aarons backs City striker to recover after 'frustrating' Brighton draw
- 8 Positives for Canaries striker Sargent to focus on after wasting golden chances
- 9 'Two points dropped' - Fans felt City deserved more from Brighton clash
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries set to make January bid for Aberdeen star
“I'm not surprised (by speculation) by the way he's playing.”
“It might matter to Newcastle, but they are a massive club themselves.”