Arsenal and Spurs linked with Norwich keeper
Michael Bailey A spanner could be thrown into Norwich City's League One promotion push after Arsenal and Tottenham were linked with a January move for Fraser Forster.
Paul Lambert says on-loan goalkeeper Fraser Forster will remain at Carrow Road until the end of the season, despite speculation linking him with a move to the Premier League.
Arsenal and Tottenham have both been linked with the highly-rated 21-year-old, who has made 21 appearances for City since joining on loan from Newcastle in August, making his debut in Lambert's first away game, the 2-0 win at Hartlepool.
Lambert can ill afford to lose one of the backbones of his team, especially as his back-up is untested teenagers Declan Rudd, currently sidelined by a knee injury, and Jed Steer, with Michael Theoklitos clearly not in his plans.
You may also want to watch:
But Lambert says there is no need to worry.
“We have got him to the end of the season, so I am led to believe, so it doesn't affect us, but he is playing terrific for us,” he said.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 3 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 4 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 5 Rupp set for FA Cup recall
- 6 MATCHDAY LIVE: Canaries take on Barnsley in FA Cup
- 7 Robin Sainty: Farke has taken City to a whole new level
- 8 February fixture changes for Canaries
- 9 Ton up Tim is wonderful for Farke
- 10 Barnsley v Norwich City in the FA Cup - all you need to know
“I'm not surprised (by speculation) by the way he's playing.”
“It might matter to Newcastle, but they are a massive club themselves.”