Arsenal and Spurs linked with Norwich keeper
Michael Bailey A spanner could be thrown into Norwich City's League One promotion push after Arsenal and Tottenham were linked with a January move for Fraser Forster.
Paul Lambert says on-loan goalkeeper Fraser Forster will remain at Carrow Road until the end of the season, despite speculation linking him with a move to the Premier League.
Arsenal and Tottenham have both been linked with the highly-rated 21-year-old, who has made 21 appearances for City since joining on loan from Newcastle in August, making his debut in Lambert's first away game, the 2-0 win at Hartlepool.
Lambert can ill afford to lose one of the backbones of his team, especially as his back-up is untested teenagers Declan Rudd, currently sidelined by a knee injury, and Jed Steer, with Michael Theoklitos clearly not in his plans.
But Lambert says there is no need to worry.
“We have got him to the end of the season, so I am led to believe, so it doesn't affect us, but he is playing terrific for us,” he said.
- 1 Smith takeaways: Reading reflections, possession frustrations and Cantwell absence
- 2 'Take that and run' - City fans react to Reading point
- 3 ROYALS 1 CANARIES 1 - Key moments, ratings and stats
- 4 Draw against 'talented' Norwich a sign of how far Reading have come - Ince
- 5 City skipper wants more after opening goal account
- 6 Gibbs is one of a kind in City midfield mix
- 7 Remember when Norwich City steamrolled Carlisle in 1971?
- 8 'Two of them were waiting in the tunnel' - Bellamy on life at Norwich
- 9 Bring the noise again - Deano urges City fans
- 10 Lucky 13 for City as Hanley latest to ease goalscoring burden
“I'm not surprised (by speculation) by the way he's playing.”
“It might matter to Newcastle, but they are a massive club themselves.”