LOAN WATCH: Assist for McCallum but injury worry for Trybull
- Credit: PA
Blackburn are assessing the fitness of Norwich City loanee Tom Trybull after he suffered bruised ribs following a heavy collision in midweek.
The midfielder started his fifth consecutive game for Rovers but was forced off in the 57th minute of a 0-0 home draw with Middlesbrough on Tuesday, after initially trying to carry on.
Elsewhere in the Championship, Sam McCallum returned to the starting line-up for Coventry, having scored the winner in a 3-2 victory over leaders Reading as a substitute on Friday.
The 20-year-old continued in the right wing-back position and set up Callum O’Hare’s equaliser, curling a cross in from the right for the midfielder to head in as he played the full match for the Sky Blues, but it ended in a 2-1 defeat at Nottingham Forest on Wednesday.
Over in Holland, Telstar sit seventh in the second tier, with City striker Sebastian Soto brought on at half-time with the score already 1-1 away at AZ Alkmaar’s second team. That’s how the game finished, with Daniel Adshead an unused substitute for the visitors on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
Soto, who has just been called up to the USA senior squad for the first time, set up an injury-time chance for Sven van Doorm with some good control but the midfielder sliced his shot over the bar.
Louis Thompson reached the milestone of 150 career appearances as he came on as an injury replacement in the 37th minute of MK Dons’ 0-0 draw at Northampton in League One on Tuesday. Carlton Morris played the full 90 minutes.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Luton Town v Norwich City
- 2 FARKE: Full roll call on City's injured stars
- 3 Limited number of tickets left for fans ahead of Wednesday and Forest matches
- 4 Through troubled waters to unexpected success - Farke reflects on spell as City boss
- 5 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 6 Chris Goreham: The school field trip that Zimmermann could do without
- 7 Di Cunningham: Young talent will not be hindered under Farke and Webber's watch
- 8 'I want to create history' - Farke reveals mission to build a legacy at Norwich City
- 9 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage
- 10 Canaries drawn to face Coventry City at Carrow Road in FA Cup third round
Young defender Matthew Richardson played the full match as Leiston won 1-0 at home to King’s Langley in Southern League Premier Central.
Not in action during midweek: Timm Klose (Basel), Rocky Bushiri (KV Mechelen), Melvin Sitti, Danel Sinani (Waasland Beveren), Isak Thorvaldsson (IA Akranes), Philip Heise (Karlsruher), Gassan Ahadme (Real Oviedo B), Aidan Fitzpatrick (Queen of the South), Akin Famewo (Charlton), Jordan Thomas (Leyton Orient), Archie Mair, Simon Power (King’s Lynn Tn), Caleb Richards (Kidderminster), Louis Lomas (Slough), Joe Rose (Bury Tn)