Aston Villa v Norwich City line ups: Cameron Jerome one of four changes
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Cameron Jerome is one of four changes to the Norwich City starting line for the Championship test at Aston Villa.
Jerome replaces Nelson Oliveira in the XI at Villa Park with Daniel Farke carrying out his pledge to shuffle his pack again following the midweek 2-0 league win over QPR.
Marco Stiepermann makes a full debut, with Steven Naismith and captain Russell Martin also restored to the line up. Ivo Pinto is left out of the matchday squad as a precaution following an injury-disrupted pre-season and his early exit in midweek with cramp.
Wes Hoolahan and James Maddison also drop to the bench.
Villa’s bench features two old City facces in Jed Steer and Henri Lansbury, with John Terry at the heart of the Villa backline.
You may also want to watch:
Aston Villa (4-4-1-1): Johnstone, Hutton, Terry, Chester, Taylor, Hourihane, Whelan, Onomah, Green, Elmohamady, Davis. Subs: Steer, Samba, Lansbury, Bree, Bjarnason, Hogan.
Norwich City (4-1-4-1): Gunn, Martin, Zimmermann, Franke, Husband, Reed, Murphy, Naismith, Vrancic, Stiepermann, Jerome. Subs: McGovern (GK), Oliveira, Watkins, Hoolahan, Wildschut, Maddison, Tettey.
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 2 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 4 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 6 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 7 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 8 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 9 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
- 10 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis